My Shop!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

DIY Snowmen Bottles

I have a super cute earth friendly project for you all today!  These snowmen are made from empty mini individual wine bottles and an old pair of gloves.
All you will need is:

Empty Mini  Glass Wine Bottles
White Spray Paint
Permanent Markers (I used blue, black, and orange)
Old Cotton Gloves (Mine had a hole in them)

Of course if you don't have an old pair of gloves, you could always head to the Dollar Store and pick up a pair.  First you will need to remove labels and clean bottles.  I used warm water, soap, and rubbing alcohol to clean them up.  Once dry, spray paint your bottles white, cap and all.  Then draw on your face and buttons.  Using scissors, cut off the entire finger length of your glove.  This will be the winter cap.  No need to sew, just fold up the top for a brim, and pull over the bottle cap.  Then cut the stretchy part of the glove that goes around your wrist.  Use this portion to make your scarf.  Stretch it first, then tie it around the snowman's neck. 

I suppose you could even do this project with full unopened mini wine bottles, and have some festive libations, and party favors, for your guests this Winter.   Either way you get to have a little wine;)

Happy Holidays

Check out my Linky Love page for where I party!

11 comments:

  1. This is great! I especially love crafts that are cute and don't cost much money. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so freakin' creative! Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I am so glad you all appreciate my creativity. I think I drive my husband nuts sometimes with my forever crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love snowmen!!! Thanks for the great tip.

    Thanks for visiting me today, too & I will link up with you for sure!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea!! Now following you! Would love for you to come by & visit & maybe follow back sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I love them. I think I have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These snowmen are adorable! Great vignette. I found you at Weekend Wander.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun idea! So glad you linked up with us! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look. They are very festive. Thank you for sharing. I am a new follower stopping by from the Creative Bloggers Party Hop. I am looking forward to reading more. I hope you stop by for a visit. http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.