My Shop!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Frugal Winter Wreath

Here is my new wreath for Winter.  It was super easy to make, and cost only a few dollars.
Here is what you will need:
Cardboard
Yarn
Plastic Snowflakes ($1 @ Walmart)
A Glitter Star (1$ @ Walmart)
Hot Glue
Exacto Knife
Scissors
Optional (faux pearls)

You will need one large kitchen bowl, and one small bowl, to use as a stencil for your wreath.  I cut the cardboard out with an exacto knife.  Then I wrapped my fat yarn around it, until the cardboard was completely covered.  I glued down the end of the yarn to the back side of the wreath. Next I cut the string off of the star ornament.  I used this small piece of string to make a hanger for my wreath on the backside.  I used hot glue and a snowflake to make it pretty.


Then I continued to hot glue the snowflakes, star ornament, and some faux pearls, to the front of the wreath. For only a few bucks, I am pleasantly pleased with how it turned out. 



Happy Winter time!

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page!

13 comments:

  1. That is really pretty- I love blue & silver in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I'm gonna make this. I actually have the stuff! WOOOHOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Awesome job Mindie :) P.S. I LOVE your border up top of your blog, super cute :)
    Nicole
    Craftysoccermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I bet my daughter would love to make this with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mindie! That turned out sooo awesome! I would so love for you to come share that this Sunday at our Sunday's Best party. I definitely think everyone would love it. Hope your having a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super fun I beat the niece would love this. I'd love for you to add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi.. stopping by from southern lovely. This is great.. its really pretty. And I love that it was cheap to make! I would love for you to link this up to my friday link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of having a wreath that can be used even after the holidays. It seems like after you take down all the Christmas decor the house seems so empty. http://afewofmyfavoritethings-penni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I just love the sparkles and glitter (that aren't toooo overwhelming, but still super-cute) and the fact that it was such a frugal project is even more awesome! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this! What an adorable little wreath--and so festive! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share. I am so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and delicate wreath. I like it Greetings from me and the Czech Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. During these times frugal is right on my budget, and then it's beautiful to beat. I loved the idea of cutting out your wreath, I wouldn't of thought of that. Being a knitted I like the chunky yarn. Really frugally lovely. I'm hoping you will share this over at Sunday's Best Party going on now. Sharing ideas is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.