My Shop!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pine Cone Turkeys For Thanksgiving

I was beat to the punch with the pine cone turkey.  I saw a couple in blog land last week, but since I had this post ready to go, and my little gobbler is different then the two I saw, I thought I might as well still share him.
I love decorating with pine cones.  I have an abundance of them here in the Sierra Mountains.
This is a super quick and easy project for some frugal, earth friendly, Thanksgiving decor'.  The kids will have so much fun making these.
Here is what you need:

 Pine Cones
Scrap Pieces of Felt and/or Burlap
Plastic Eyes
Red Permanent Marker (or red felt)
Hot Glue
Scissors

All I did was cut out by hand some feathers in felt and burlap (they don't have to be perfect).  Then I hot glued them to the back of the pine cone.  Then I cut out by hand a piece of felt for the face.  Next I glued on the eyes and beak.  I was out of red felt, so I used a permanent marker to add some red dots to the face for the wattles.

Happy Turkey Time!
Gobble Gobble :)

To see where I party, head to my LINKY LOVE page!

3 comments:

  1. Another reason I need to stock up on my felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome and adorable..Love it :))..I have a Pin Inspirational party happening today I'll love for you to link this too please :)) TY http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html ..Wishing you an awesome day..M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! SO perfect for this week! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so happy you shared this @ Show & Share, thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.