My Shop!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Anything Goes Linky #28 and Felt Tree Ornament


Before we jump into the linky, I wanted to share another easy Christmas tree ornament we made for our tree this year.  This is a quick and frugal craft (like most of mine are).  Here is what you will need:

Felt
Ribbon
Plastic Foam Stars (we found them at the Dollar Store)
Twine
Hot Glue
Scissors
Paper

Directions:
Using your scissors and paper, make a cone the size you would like your tree to be.  This way you won't waste your felt, and you can use the paper cone as a pattern.  Remember to leave room for the cone to over lap, so you can glue it together in the back.  Now cut out your felt cone.  Then take a piece of twine, and make a loop, and knot.  Shape your felt into a cone, and have the loop of twine sticking out the top of your felt tree.  The knot should keep it from falling out (but you can add some glue  if needed).  Then glue your felt tree together in the back.  Then using a little more hot glue, add some ribbon and your star.  


I am so behind on sharing  the Christmas crafts I have been working on.  I am even more behind on our photo cards we send out each year.  We haven't even taken our family pics yet.  Good thing I am married to our photographer.  Amen to 1 hour photo printing, I am going to need it.  Well you see what I have been up to, now show me what you have been doing.

Let's get this Linky started!
Photobucket


16 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    I’ve included your site on a page I’ve put together devoted to hops, challenges, and memes for every day of the week! The link to that page is under my header. http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the link-up MESS-UP the other day! Happy to be linking up today! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! Love the yarn pom pom snowman ornament...my girlies would love to make that guy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Thanks for hosting Mindie! I am always happy to share here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Mindie! I shared a coconut baskets recipe and a chocolate wafer cookies recipe today. These coconut baskets have a flakey crust with a lemony coconut center and the chocolate cookies have simple, pure chocolate flavor. Thank you for hosting us again and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invite! I linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute ornament idea! Thanks for the linky! I am a new follower on GFG and networked blogs.

    Jessica
    http://arebutterfliesticklish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Mindie.... Thank you so much for the Great linky party... :) Have a GREAT Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really cute! I'm gonna link up my crafty stuff from earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting Mindie! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the invite and for stopping by my site, www.potholesandpantyhose.com!!!! I linked up my Pretty Paper Xmas trees-hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks bunches for inviting me to your linky party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for inviting me over - what a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great linky party Mindy! So many amazing recipes and Christmas craft ideas! I've linked my Santa Hot Chocolate recipe. Please stop by my blog as I'm hosting a Christmas Cookie Exchange Linky Party. Your donut snowmen would be a great addition! Thanks for hosting
    http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/2011/12/santa-hot-chocolate-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. As everyone else said, thanks for letting me know about this great party :) I will check back on Thursday and definitely submit again!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.