My Shop!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY Candy Cane Ornaments

Here is another little pretty that has been sitting on our tree that I have been meaning to share.  We have candy canes on our tree every year, usually the real ones, that seem to be gobbled up by my kids before Christmas.  These ornaments will last tell Christmas and beyond.  Here is what you need:


 Materials:

Pipe Cleaner (red or white I recommend)
Beads (red or white I recommend)
Lace Ribbon (we used white)
Ribbon (we used red and white)
Floral Wire or Ribbon Wire (for hanging)

Directions:

String lace ribbon and beads onto your pipe cleaner.  Keep going until you get the desired length you would like for your candy cane.  Bend the pipe cleaner a bit at each of the ends to keep beads and ribbon secure.  Shape into a candy cane.  Make a hook using your wire, and attach to top of cane.  Then decorate with more ribbon (optional). These would  also look lovely attached to a present.

Happy Homemade Holidays. 

I hope you will join us here at Bacon Time for our Anything Goes Linky, Friday -Monday.

To see where I party, Check out my LINKY LOVE  page. 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up! http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/12/anything-goes-linky-party_15.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and thank you for Sweet comment on the DIY Headband Hair Tutorial... I would love for you to link up to http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intimately, the post is really the greatest on this worthwhile topic. I match in with your conclusions and can eagerly look forward to your next updates.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.