My Shop!

Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Melted Snowman Ornaments

Well I am furiously trying to type up posts for all of the Christmas Ornaments we made this year.  As always, Christmas seems to catch me by surprise with how quickly it comes.  This little guy has been patiently waiting on our tree for his debut at Bacon Time, as you can see there is not much left to him (LOL).  Here is what you will need:

Materials:

White Felt (Small scrap pieces will do)
Brown Pipe Cleaner
Small Scrap Pieces of Felt in Blue or Black for Eyes
Small Scrap Pieces of Felt in Orange for Nose
Black Permanent Marker (Used for Mouth)
Floral Wire
Hot Glue
Twine or Ribbon
Small Styrofoam Balls

Directions:

Cut out a white piece of felt into a puddle like shape.  Hot glue your small styrofoam ball to felt.  Then hot glue on your felt eyes, and nose to the ball.  Using a marker, add a mouth.  Using pipe cleaner, make stick arms, and hot glue to felt.  Make a "U" shape with your floral wire and stick it into the styrofoam ball head.  Then use twine or ribbon to make a loop for hanging.

Happy Holidays!

I hope you will join us for our Anything Goes linky at Bacon Time, Fri-Monday.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! Adorable! We'd love for you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always you crack me up.. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea. I love it! I am over visiting from Someday Crafts link party and am already a google follower :) If you get a moment, I would love for you to check out my blog and follow back.
    ~Kara (www.petalstopicots.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the edible version of these all over Pinterest, but this is far more allergy-friendly in my house...lol...

    I'll be Pinning this as well, Mindie.

    Thanks for stopping @ Creative Juice.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Poor little guy is all melted. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!!! My kids love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I'm the editor of AllFreeKidsCrafts.com. Nice to meet you! I'd love the chance to feature this project (as well as your Christmas Light Upgrade project) on my site with full credit to you. If granted permission, I would feature one photo and a link back to the tutorial on your blog. Please let me know if you are interested in being featured! You can contact me at emilytimmons.primecp {@} gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I would like to use this in a post for BargainBabe.com. I will give you credit and provide a link to your page!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.