My Shop!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Easy Valentine Heart Wreath

I know Valentine's isn't for a while, but I am getting a head start on my decorating.  I am so excited to be hosting a Valentine crafting and cooking contest here at Bacon Time. I can't wait to see what everyone has to share.  The contest will start on the January 16th, and there will be some great prizes for our two winners.
If you can tie a knot, then you can make this wreath above.  Here is what you need:

 Tulle (I used fuschia, red, and light pink)
6 Pipe Cleaners (I used white)
Ribbon (I used pink)
Optional, 2 Glitter Heart Foam Stickers


Using your pipe cleaner, make a heart.  I doubled my pipe cleaner up, so the actual length of my wreath was about 3 pipe cleaners but I used 6 to make it more durable. You can make it as small or big as you like, by using less or more pipe cleaners. Next I cut several strips of tulle from my three rolls of different colors.  Then you simply tie the strips to your pipe cleaner until it is completely covered (get some coffee, this might take a while).  To finish it, I tied some ribbon to the top of the heart to hang it.  If you want to accessorize it like I did, you can take two foam glitter heart stickers and stick them together, punch a hole in them, and hang them in the center of your wreath.  I had purchased my heart stickers after Valentines last year for pennies.
 So what will you be sharing at our Crafting and Cooking From the Heart Contest?

Join us every Fri-Monday for our Anything Goes linky at Bacon Time.

To see where I party check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. very pretty lovely wreath for valentines day come see me at

  2. Very cute wreath!

  3. So pretty! Thanks for the great idea... would make nice teacher gifts.


  4. Intimately, the post is really the greatest on this worthwhile topic. I match in with your conclusions and can eagerly look forward to your next updates.

  5. Really nice Valentines wreath! I hope you will link it up to my Show It Off Thursdays party at:

    Thanks, Linda

  6. Beautiful. Would love for you to stop by Monday and share it at my linky.


  7. Very pretty. Would love for you to link up at my Fabulous Friday Party!

    I'm your newest follower

  8. I love this! I have a valentine's wreath half way done, but I'm kind of thinking when I finish, I may make one of these as well!

  9. This is fabulous! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays?

  10. This is so pretty!!! I love your blog too!!!

    I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here..
    Have a great day!

  11. This is so pretty!. I would love if you shared your valentine's wreath here:

  12. Great idea! I love it! New follower.

  13. Saw this on DIY Linky Party! This is so cute and great idea to use pipe cleaners as your base!

  14. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Mrs. Delightful

  15. Cute idea.. thanks for sharing

  16. so cute

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday link party
    Hope to see you there again this week


  17. Such a fantastic post! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays?


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.