My Shop!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Glitter Leaf DIY Ornament

I actually made these leaves before Thanksgiving to decorate for Fall, then added red bows to them, to use as Christmas ornaments.  Double duty decor' is always a time and money saver.  Here is what you will need:


Aluminum Screening Material (found at hardware store)
Gold Spray Paint (or what ever color you prefer)
Gold Glitter (or what ever color you prefer)
Clear Glue
Fishing Line


Using a real leaf or plastic leaf as a pattern, cut out your flexible thin aluminum screening.  Spray paint both sides, allowing time to dry in between.  Outline and add veining designs to leaf with glue, then sprinkle with glitter, and let dry.  You can either buy bows from the craft department, or holiday section of Walmart, or make your own with ribbon.  I had some on hand I had bought, so I used those.  I attached them to the leaves with fishing line in the back. Then I added a loop with fishing line to hang them on our tree.

Happy Holidays!

Please join us here at Bacon Time for our Anything Goes linky Friday-Monday!

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. Cute! Love this idea :)

  2. CUTE! Where do you come up with this stuff??

  3. These are delightful! I love the gold and screen together, just perfect.

  4. This is adorable! I can see my tree covered in glitter leaves. Oooo or maybe I could make a fall garland to hang on my porch. Oh the possibilities!

  5. These are so much fun! I would love it if you shared these at my party!

  6. Oh these would be GREAT!!! at the children's craft table during the holiday parties... Thank you for sharing this and also for sharing it at my party...

  7. Well hello clever! That is so smart! I'll have to pin this to my 'must try' on Pinterest...these would be so gorgeous on packages too!

  8. how pretty come see what i shared at

  9. This is so beautiful Mindie!! Great idea!

  10. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.