My Shop!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mini BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza Bites


Well this will be my last appetizer to share this week preparing you for those New Year's Eve parties.  Of course these would be good anytime, in fact we are calling them an early dinner tonight.  These BBQ Bacon Chicken Bites are like little mini deep dish pizzas.  They received a round of thumbs up from my picky bunch of eaters, which is no small task.  I hope you will give them a try, they are so easy to make.  Here is what you need for 16 appetizer servings:
1 Can of Large Buttermilk Biscuits
4 Tbs of ground Corn Meal
3 Tbs of Cream Cheese
3 Tbs of BBQ Sauce
1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 Pieces of Crispy Cooked Bacon Crumbled
4 Ounces of Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Chopped
Parsley Flakes (Just a light Sprinkle on Top)
Garlic Powder (Just a light Sprinkle on Top)
Non Stick Butter Flavored Spray

Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.  Slice your eight round biscuit dough pieces into 16 thinner halves.  Press the bottom of our dough into your corn meal to coat.  Then press dough into your greased mini muffin tins, leaving room for them to expand when baked.  Use your fingers or a round measuring spoon to press in the center, making a bowl that you can fill with your stuffing.

In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, mozzarella, BBQ sauce, cooked chicken and bacon (note for ease of preparation I purchase my bacon and chicken fully cooked from the store, then crisp bacon in microwave at home).  Fill each biscuit bowl with some of the mixture.  Then sprinkle lightly with parsley and garlic powder.  Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until dough is crispy and cheese is melted. Best served hot or warm. 

 
Photobucket
You will need to use three 12 count mini muffin tins to bake up the 16 appetizers, since they will need room to expand as they bake.

Photobucket
Have a tasty New Year's Eve!

10 comments:

  1. I love little stuff like this! They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im making these for my daughters 14th b-day sleepover party!A crew of soccer playing teenage girls will eat em up:) Great job Thanks! Im your newest follower stop over sometime:) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those look super yummy... I love little pizza bites... I used to by those frozen ones a LONG time ago but found making them was just as easy and WAY more healthier... :) would LOVE for you to share them here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-3-and-features/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little bites so yummy and perfect size come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum.Mee! These look so good. I will have to try!

    Stopping over from Homemaker On A Dime's linky party. I just became your newest follower and would love to have you check out my blog and follow me (if you're so inclined.)

    Thanks!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! just stopping by to let you know that i featured you this week on Savory Sunday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this recipe it's definitely a really good reward for my brother who got his Alcohol Server Certification last week. But still work on the dough first. I'm not really the cook-type but I'd like to do something special for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks truly delicious! Thanks for linking up to the Recipe Roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring these tomorrow on my Recipe Roundup!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.