My Shop!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

DIY Mini Heart or Mustache Pillow Rings

I added these  fun rings to my shop last week.  Today I am going to share how you can make your own.
Here is what you will need:
Scrap Red  or Black Fabric (or what ever color you like)
Matching Thread
Adjustable ring blank
1 Large Cotton Ball

Ring Made with Love

First using paper, make a pattern you would like of either a heart or mustache.  Keep in mind, it will shrink a bit when you stuff and sew it.  Use your pattern to cut out two matching hearts or mustaches in your fabric.   Then  thread your needle, make a knot, and begin sewing the pieces of fabric together.  It doesn't have to look perfect, I actually prefer the tattered look.  Once you have most of the two pieces sewn together, stuff it with a cotton ball.  You will want to tear the cotton ball apart first, so that you get it stuffed evenly.  Then sew the last bit of your heart or mustache together. You will tie the ends of thread together on the back side of the heart or mustache, and snip off any excess thread.  Then sew the heart or mustache to the ring blank. You could glue it with jewelers glue, but I chose to sew it on because my ring blank was pretty small in comparison to my heart and mustache.

Ring Made with Love
Ring Made with Love
That's it, now you have a pretty ring, perfect for Valentine's day, or a great conversation piece with the mustache.  If you are not feeling so crafty, then you can still purchase these items from my shop TLC Creations for $3.25 here.

I hope you will join us for our Anything Goes Linky Fri-Monday.

To  see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. I can not say how much I am in love with those!!

  2. These are ADORABLE. I love them. Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings from Germany

  3. these are neat!! I voted for you!!! Your pictures are inspirational! I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

  4. These are sooooo stinkin' cute, Mindie! Great job!

  5. Love that stach ring, gotta make one! Where do you find your ring blanks?

  6. Kelly, those particular ring blanks I ordered from a seller on Ebay. I have to order most of my items online since we don't have a craft store in my small town :(

  7. So much fun.. I love the hearts ring.. Sharing it on my FB Page
    thanks for linking up at craftionary

  8. Those are cute! Glad I found you via TT&J link to check out your shop :)

  9. These are adorable. I saw them over @ While He Was Napping. I cannot wait to become a new follower of your blog and check out all your fun posts!!
    ~Jen @

  10. so cute!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you next time

    Natasha xx


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.