My Shop!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy and Light Creamy Chicken and Rice

Creamy healthy comfort food, could it be true? Yes this easy one pot tasty dish is easy and nutritious. I love the vibrant colors from the mixed veggies, and the brown rice has a nice bite to it.  Here is what you need...
(serves 5-6 people)

16 ounces of frozen mixed veggies
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) of Campbell's 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese Condensed Soup
2  soup cans of Milk (fat free, 2%, what ever you prefer)
2 cups of dry Brown Minute Rice
1 1/2 Tbs of graded Parmesan cheese
8 ounces of fully cooked grilled chicken breast strips (bought at Walmart)
1 cup of water
onion powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper to taste
Optional: garnish with chopped parsley


In a large pot on stove top, add dry rice, veggies, soup, milk, and water. Stir, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.  Once it starts to boil, stir again, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is tender to your liking. Once rice is cooked to your liking, and the creamy sauce has reduced down to the thickness you like, add your fully cooked chicken strips and Parmesan cheese.  Season to taste with your black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder, stirring to combine.  Note, sauce will thicken more as it stands. 
For a heartier meal, you could use two packages of grilled chicken breast.


Please join our weekly Anything Goes linky Fri-Monday here at Bacon Time.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. Looks delicious. I think I might try that this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

    Have a great weekend.

  2. Oh my word! That looks so delicious!

  3. This is one of my favorite dishes, and it's health-ified! Sweet!

  4. This really sounds yummy! Shirley

  5. This sounds delicious. I always buy the 98% fat free cream of chicken, but I have never tried the broccoli cheese? I have been wanting to try out brown rice too! By the way, I have a great cookbook giveaway going on right now if you would like to enter?

  6. S This looks delish! I am a follower! Can you please post this at my Taste This Thursday party!? www.bellmiracle.blogspot

  7. This is similar to my Broccoli Rice and Cheese casserole! I'm def going to have to try adding chicken and other veggies to make it a full meal- usually I make mine with the chicken on the side. I'd love it if you stopped by my linky party and link up one of your favorite posts!

  8. This looks so delicous! I would love for you to link this up to my blog for healthy recipes!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.