My Shop!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Easy Healthy Tater Tot Pie!

Now I know what you are thinking, how can a Tater Tot Pie be healthy. Well hear me out, this new recipe of mine was not only easy but on the lighter side.  I used lean ground turkey, Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Condensed Soup ( the Heart Healthy variety,which is lower in sodium and 98% fat free), lots of mixed frozen veggies, fat free milk, and just a 1/2 cup of Weight Watchers shredded cheese.  No I didn't sneak in any bacon or butter, but we still enjoyed this healthier Tater Tot Pie. 

16 ounces lean ground turkey
16 ounces of frozen mixed veggies
1 small can of Campbell's Heart Healthy Broccoli Cheese Condensed Soup
1/2 soup can of fat free milk
1/2 package or 16 ounces of frozen tater tots
1/2 Cup Weight Watcher Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of onion powder
black pepper (to taste)
Non Stick Butter Flavored Spray


Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.  On stove top, over high heat, in a cast iron skillet, sprayed with non stick spray, cook your veggies and turkey.  Make sure to cook turkey until it is fully cooked, breaking apart with a wooden spoon as you go, to crumble.  When turkey is done, and veggies are hot, add your garlic powder, onion powder, soup, and milk.  Stir until well combined, then pepper to taste.  Turn off stove top.  Cover your turkey, veggie, soup mix with your frozen tater tots and shredded cheese.  Move your cast iron skillet to the center of your preheated oven.  Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until tater tots are crispy.

 Step 1 Brown Turkey and Heat Veggies

 Step 2 Add soup, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.

 Step 3 Cover with tater tots and light cheese, then bake.

PS that was my son's plate, I skipped the garlic butter toast.

To see where I party check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. My first time on Bacon Time. I will try this recipe and post a comment later. Thanks Mindy.

  2. Why can't I print this recipe?

  3. Anonymous, I am sorry you are having trouble printing. You should just be able to left click, hilight, and print selected. I don't have any anti copy software on my sight, so I have no idea why it would not let you do so.

  4. I've never put cheese on it! I know lots of people do but for some reason I always forget!

  5. Oh my gosh, my husband would love this because it has tater tots and I would because it's healthy. Awesome!
    A few blogger buddies and I have started a little challenge for January and I think it would be super fun if you want to participate. Please check it out at
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

  6. Sounds yummy! Will need to try this soon!

  7. My kids (and husband) adore tater tots! I may have to give this a try to see if they will eat it :)

  8. This is really good! I am pinning it now on my Pinterest!!

    Saw your post at Tuesday Treasury. I want to be a follower but for some reason the internet won't let me! I'll try again later :) Would love if you could come and visit :)


  9. Yummmy and healthy now that's a great combination

  10. This is a really healthy recipe and looks tasty too.. Thanks for sharing, I better try my hands at it! :)

  11. Great idea mindie! I love the broccoli cheddar soup idea. I was thrilled to see you at my party today! Next week you should link up with your "self-transformation" post!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.