My Shop!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Easy Low Fat Strawberry Champagne Pancakes

Well I am in the middle of a partial kitchen remodel.  Life has been a bit crazy.  I will be sure to share pics when everything is done.  Before we started pulling out kitchen cabinets last weekend for painting, I made these for a sweet breakfast treat.  They would make the perfect breakfast in bed on Valentine's Day!  The best part is they are very low in fat, so you and your sweetheart can feel good about digging into this romantic breakfast. The carbonated champagne made them extra fluffy and tasty.

 I topped ours with a warm strawberry compote that I made using frozen strawberries, Truvia zero calorie natural sweetener (my fave), a little cornstarch, and some water.  The pancakes are made with a strawberry cake mix, so they are pretty sweet on their own, and don't need a lot of toppings.  You could always serve them with pancake syrup, or if you are feeling naughty, how about Chocolate Strawberry Champagne Pancakes?  Simply top with chocolate syrup and whipped cream!

Ingredients for Pancakes:
(will make approximately 10 large heart pancakes)

1 box of Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
3/4 cup of Cholesterol Free Egg Product
1/2 cup of fat free milk
1 cup of Spumante Champagne (or your favorite kind)


Preheat your griddle to 350 to 400 F degrees.  Mix all of your ingredients together just until well combined.
You can simply make round pancakes, or if you want to make them extra special, you can make hearts like I did.  I used a clean plastic condiment dispenser to easily make my hearts and "love" pancakes.  You can find plastic containers for this at the dollar store, usually used for ketchup and mustard. You will probably need to cut part of the top off of your dispenser, to make a large enough hole to easily dispense your pancake batter.  When pancakes start bubbling on the top, you will know it is time to flip them. As with any pancake, you only flip them once while cooking.

I hope you will give these pancakes a try.  If you wanted them even lower calorie, you could substitute water for the fat free milk.  I think next time I make them, we will enjoy them with some fat free chocolate syrup and some light whipped cream.

 I hope you all are looking forward to linking up your Valentine themed recipes and crafts for our Crafting and Cooking From the Heart Contest, starting on January 16th, 2012. Don't forget there will be some fabulous prizes for our two winners.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. These look amazing! What a great idea!

  2. Great! Strawberries and champagne go so well together, even at breakfast. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

  3. how fun, my strawberry loving kid would love this.

  4. This looks delish! Perfect breakfast in bed for Vday! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

  5. Wow, I love it! You are inspiring!!! I just found your blog, I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.
    I hope it benefits all one who land up here.
    Thanks for sharing!!

  6. Oh I love this post!! Yumm yumm yummy! I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays.

  7. These look scrumptious! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this today at Drab to Fab. I really appreciate you taking the time to come party with me, Mindie!


  8. How fun is that?! Glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.