My Shop!

Monday, January 2, 2012

I Got Banged In The New Year!

Get your minds out of the gutters cochinas (dirty girls ;) I am referring to my new bangs!  Yes your Bacon Time momma went and cut her own hair again.  This time I am having flash backs to the 80s but in a good way, at least I think so, and I hope you will agree.  At least this time around the bangs are soft, and not sticking straight up with the power of Aqua Net!

  I have not had bangs for so long, and now I don't know what I was afraid of. If anything I feel a bit younger with them.  Not that I recommend cutting your own hair, but it was pretty easy to do.  I tend to be a spontaneous person, so when I decided I wanted bangs, well I wanted them instantly, and wasn't going to wait for an appointment. 

Yes, It might take a minute to get use to them. I was blowing my bangs out of my eyes, when my husband caught this shot LOL.

So what am I wearing you ask....;)
Well my new favorite cozy scarf, given to me from my friend Mimi over at Living In France.  Mimi cracks me up, and if you are not reading her blog already, you will want to start.  She also has a cute Etsy shop called the Cursing Crafter.


Besides my new scarf, I am wearing my new brown leather boots gifted to me from my hubby for Christmas, from Target.  Besides that I am wearing a hand me down plaid shirt, along with crop pants, a tank, and belt from Wally world.

The jewelry I am wearing is from my own collection.

Ring Vintage Babe N Pup
Found here for $5.99.

Owl Earrings
Found here for $2.99.

Necklace Tibetan Silver Turtle Love
Found here for $2.99.
The one I have on is only the turtle pendant, but I have this one in my shop on sale.

This was my casual look for a day of shopping with the kids.

Here is another outfit from this week (prior to the bangs).  This was my first time sporting this new hooded cardi my husband gave me for Christmas. It's hard to see, but I am wearing it with two tanks, one purple and the one on top is lace. I am also wearing some fun new accessories.
 I wore this look out to dinner with the family, and then later that night, when two girlfriends surprised me with a movie date.  We saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  Very good movie, but not for the faint of heart, FYI lots of sexual violence, but if that doesn't bother you, it is a great mystery flick.

 Some peacock accessory love.

 I am also wearing a pair of purple rosette shoe clips that I made. You can find some more shoe clips in my shop here for only $1.99 a pair.

Well that's what I have been wearing.  Thanks again to Mimi from Living in France, for my great new scarf.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. Got Banged...buwhahahahhahaha...OMG I you crack me up! They look good on you! I went to bangs about 6 years ago..tried growing them out a few times, but then cut them again :)
    Um..also loving the Shoe Clip idea! Genius!! SO stink'n cute. I love that you show us your outfits..I wish I was brave enough to do it..I say this as I'm sitting here in my workout clothes and a bathrobe..I know I know..Hotness right? Ugh..NOT :)
    Crafty Soccer Mom

  2. LOVE the title!!! HAHAHAHA!!! I think your bangs look fabulous, and they DO make you look younger!!
    I love that your husband got that picture of you blowing them out of your eyes, lol! Thanks for the shout out, you're adorable!

  3. I like your bangs, I have naturally curly hair so I have always dreamed of having hair that swooshes when you toss your head- yours does that! We always want what we don't have....Hubby and I went to see GWTDT, we loved it but had watched the original ones , sub-titled, and I like them better. I also read the books but they are complicated and hard to follow. Sorry to amble, "watching football" with my hubby. Enjoying being off from school, I', a pre-k teacher. Keep up the great posts!

  4. LOL!!! ... a term used mainly in America according to Google. 'Down Under', we call them fringes. I've always had a fringe, as I think it softens the face and takes off age. It really suits you!!!

  5. You look so cute! I love your new hair, it really suits you! :)

  6. Love the new look. I'm vowing not to buy anything less than fabulous to add to my closet. This week my fashion feature was all about breaking out of the skinny jean rut. Check it out here:

  7. Very nice jewelry! I loved the bracelet!
    Well done about the bangs! I wear bangs for decades, and now I'm trying to change the style a bit... but I don't recognize myself and I think I'll go back to my normal style!

  8. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.