My Shop!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rose Ring & Shoe Clip Tutorial Plus What I Have Been Wearing

Felt roses, I have seen so many tutorials for them, and I figured I would finally make some myself. 
I found myself very inspired after seeing Inspiration By D's Felt Flower Tutorial.
You all know my addiction to jewelry making, so of course I had to use my felt roses for fashion.  I ended up making a felt rose ring and matching shoe clips.  I think they will be perfect for a hot Valentine's Day date (not that I will be going on one).  We desperately need a babysitter, but that's an entirely different topic, so lets get back to this tutorial. 

What you will need:

 Red and Green Felt (or whatever color you prefer)
Jewelers Glue or Hot Glue (I used a combination of both)
Ring Blank or Shoe Clips


Cut out a circle in your red felt (about the size of a coke can in diameter). Then cut it into a spiral. It doesn't have to be perfect. Next roll it up to look like a rose.  Glue the end of the felt down to the side of the rose, being light handed with the glue, so it doesn't look messy.  Then glue the entire rose down too a small piece of red felt, and trim off any excess felt.  From there, all you have to do is glue your leaf or leaves to the back with more glue. Then to finish it, glue your rose to your ring blank or shoe clips. I prefer to use jewelers glue for this part, because the bond is supposed to last longer then hot glue. 

Ring Red Rose

Shoe Clips Red Roses

I really like how they turned out, so I went ahead and added them to my shop here.

We have been working hard painting cabinets and redoing our counters in the kitchen.  I will share as soon as we are done.  The progress has been slower then expected because my husband, a detective, keeps getting called to work.  Since our kitchen is somewhat of a disaster zone, I am not going to sugar coat it, we went out  to dinner tonight.  I decided to pair my new pretty accessories with a simple black dress.  They were the perfect pop of color the outfit needed.  Although I usually don't wear shoe clips with boots, I decided to try it tonight.  I don't know why I never thought to accessorize by boots before, I loved the look.

Did you all know that Picnik is closing soon?  They are moving to Google.  You can use their advanced editing tools for FREE until they close, so have fun playing with your photos.

Well that's what I have been wearing and making.  I hope you will join us for our
Anything Goes Linky, Friday -Monday, here at Bacon Time.

Don't forget to link up those Valentine posts in our Crafting and Cooking from the Heart contest.  You have until Feb. 5, 2012 to get your entries in for a chance to win some fabulous prices.
(see right side bar for picture link to contest)

To see where I party, check out my Linky Love page.


  1. Mindie,that came out so cute! Love it! Thanks for linking:-)

  2. This is so cute I love it.
    DIANA L.

  3. That is so sweet I can think of a million ways to use this.......I'd love for you to share it @CountryMommaCooks
    link party going now......have a wonderful Sunday!

  4. I'm super duper sad about Picnik. :(

  5. How adorable! They would also be cute on a little girl's headband! Thank you!

  6. That was an awesome tutorial!! Beautiful roses, too! Followed you here from Real Momma, Real Style.

  7. So cute! Definitely have to try these. I have to tell you though that at first I thought you said you made a NOSE ring and shoe clips! LOL

  8. They are the cutest little babies I have seen for a while:) Very smart!

  9. That's a great ring! And a great idea to throw the roses on your boots.

  10. these are so cute! I hope you'll link this up at my What We Wore and Made Party over at

  11. I love the felt flowers- I've been working on new hair clips for my girls, and this is a super cute idea :)

  12. They are great love them on your boots too. Visiting from what I wore Wednesday.

  13. So sweet! That would make a nice girl's hair clip too!

  14. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Happily Mother After! :)

  15. Love it! Thanks for the idea--I'm sharing on FB! I think it would be adorable as a girls hair clip!

  16. These are tooooo cute... I love it!!! Would like to invite you to share this with us here

    Thanks so much,

  17. So cute, Mindie! I like using them on the boots like that! Did you get any comments when you wore them out on the town like that! Thanks for sharing this at Drab to Fab!!
    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

  18. These could be used for so many projects. Nice.

  19. Beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

  20. These came out so pretty! Thanks for sharing at my party!!

  21. Cute. Tutorials always help! We're so glad you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you!! Please come back next Saturday and share more of your great recipes! -The Sisters

  22. So cute! That's one kind of felt flower I haven't tried yet...they turned out really great, and I especially like it on the boot. :) Thanks for linking at Shine on Fridays!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.