My Shop!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

What I Have Been Making And Wearing (Crochet Pearl Bracelet Tutorial)

First let me apologize, I didn't take any pics while I was making this bracelet because to be honest I had serious doubts that is was going to work.  No worries because it was easy enough to make.  Here is what you need.

Fussed Pearl Rope/Chain (I found mine at Walmart)
Yarn (I used White that has silver running through it)
Two Folding Jewelry Crimps
1 Clasp

I didn't need any jump loops, but depending on the style clasp you have, you may need one.


All you will do is crochet a single strand  using both the pearl rope and yarn.  Now pearl rope won't crochet as easy as yarn would, but if I can do it, anyone can.  I am far from being a master in crochet.  You will need it to be almost long enough to go around your wrist.  Keep in mind that your crimps and clasp will add about an inch or more to it in length.    You will knot the end of your yarn to the rope on your pearl chain. Trim off excess yarn and pearls with scissors, leaving only enough yarn to crimp in your jewelry crimps. Using your jewelry pliers, close the crimps down, trapping your yarn.  To finish it, attach the clasp loop to your crimp loop.  My clasp loop was open, that's why I didn't need any jump loops.  Some styles are welded and require a jump loop to attach to the crimps.  I closed my clasp loop down using needle nose jewelry pliers.

Pictured above is what I wore my new bracelet with.  I was feeling very feminine in my peaches and cream tones.  It was the first time wearing this skirt too.  I ordered the skirt online a while back from
 Down East Basics.  It was regularly $34.99 and I believe I paid around $4.00 for it on clearance plus shipping. The lace top (JCPenney) and boots (Target) were a Christmas present from my hubby. The warm and super cozy jacket was just passed down to me by a friend.  The same friend that just gave me an Amberrombie Fitch ski coat, not that I am into labels, because I am not, but it is a very warm coat, and free is always nice.  The only other jewelry I am wearing is my nest ring I made, similar to the one in my shop TLC Creations.  You may notice my hair is a bit shorter.  I must say I went a little crazy with the scissor.  I defiantly need to get into my hair stylist to have her clean up my mess.

Well that's what I have been making and wearing.
What have you been up to?  Please come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party every Friday-Monday.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. I Love the First photo.. It looks so Very Wintery and Soft.. Lovely LOVELY Lovely.... :)

  2. I love this project. I will have to give this a try and make one for my daughter. She would love it. Thanks for posting.

  3. Love that bracelet! And the ring...and okay, the outfit is one of my faves!

  4. Beautiful! Beautiful bracelet! Beautiful ring! Beautiful you! :)

  5. LOVE your bracelet and would love to try it!!.. But when you crochet it, are you crocheting just a chain stitch, or a row of single crochet stitches? ~tina

  6. That is so pretty!! I love how it turned out! I am a new follower.
    I currently have a link party going and would love for you to share this and anything you would like!

  7. Love the bracelet. You should do a necklace of it too...
    Visiting from 'What I wore Wednesday'

  8. Love the bracelet AND the ring. So pretty and feminine. Would love it if you would link up at our Link It Up Thursday party.

  9. Adorable bracelet... I would love it if you come by and link this up at From Scratch Friday @ Marriage from Scratch! It’s live already on the blog 


  10. I love this bracelet! I love pearls, especially for Valentines. Now if I could only crochet! You look so cute in your outfit! You go girl!

  11. This is really pretty! I'd have to learn to crochet again...I'm more of a knitter, but this doesn't look too hard!

  12. Great necklace way cute! Also loving your dress! Very pretty

  13. Coming over from Delicate Construction -- beautiful bracelet and love the peaches and cream look!

  14. Beautiful bracelet. Saw it over at the Happy Hour link up. Good job.

  15. Thanks so much for linking up to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
    Hope to see you next Saturday……Have a blessed week:)

  16. Mindie, this is gorgeous! I love your stuff. One of these days I want to learn to make my own jewelry. Thanks for linking this up at Drab to Fab :)

  17. Oooh, so pretty! Love the combo of the yarn and! So glad you linked up at Shine on Fridays, Mindie!

  18. The bracelet is beautiful! We love it! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

  19. Congratulations! This cute white bracelet is the most viewed project at friday fun party.. I will be featuring You tonight. :) Yay! Come check out other featured projects and grab Your happy featured button..
    Take care

  20. This bracelet is so unique and beautiful! I featured you today in my Friday I'm In Love Favorites!

    Jenn @ Social Salutations


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.