My Shop!

Looking For Something? Search This Blog.

Loading...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Healthy & Easy Saucy Mama Southwestern Breakfast Wreath

Please vote for my Healthy Breakfast Wreath here!
I could win $500 cash and a $500 spa day!

Saucy Mama from Barhyte Specialty Foods sent me six varieties of 
low calorie Saucy Mama Mustard to review and  create new recipes with.

Saucy Mama Tarragon Lemon Mustard
Saucy Mama Dijon Mustard
Saucy Mama Champagne Honey Mustard
Saucy Mama Chipotle Mustard
Saucy Mama Smoky Garlic Mustard
And Suzie’s Yellow Mustard

They are all so good, it was hard to pick a favorite. They asked me to write some healthy recipes using the new mustard. They also wanted it to fit into a national weight loss program.  I decided to create a reduced fat low calorie Saucy Mama Southwestern Breakfast Wreath. You can enjoy 1/4 of this wreath (a generous serving) for only 500 calories!!!  This makes it appropriate for a Slim-Fast shake weight loss plan, where you are aloud to have along with two shakes and snacks, one meal 500 calories or less a day.   This is a fun southwestern twist to my original breakfast wreath I shared a while back on Bacon Time.  It has been my most popular recipe by far on this site, so I decide it was worthy of jazzing up with some Saucy Mama mustard and a few different ingredients.   I really wanted to show that dieting doesn't have to be bland.  This wreath looks and taste indulgent but I assure you it's a great meal choice, that is not only reduced calorie, but also low in fat, and even has some veggies in it. It is also super quick and easy to make, I hope you will enjoy one soon with family and friends.

Ingredients
Here is what you need for 1 wreath:
1/4 of wreath (a generous serving)  is equal to 500 calories!


Non stick butter flavored spray
2/3 cup of Southwestern Blend frozen veggies (corn, black beans, roasted onions, mild chilies, and peppers)
1 cup Cholesterol and Fat Free Egg Product
5 tsp Saucy Mama Chipotle Mustard
1 Can Reduced  Fat Crescent Dough
1 Package  (9 ounces) of 97% fat free deli shaved/sliced fully cooked ham
1 Package  (8 ounces) of Reduced Calorie and Fat 2% Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
6 Tbs of Fat Free Sour Cream
6 Tbs of Fresh Salsa (I used a favorite store bought brand)
Optional, garnish with a fresh lime

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 F degrees, or  according to package directions for crescent dough.  Saute your frozen veggies on stove top, in a medium size saute pan sprayed with non stick butter flavored spray, over medium low heat.  When veggies are hot, add your egg product and scramble.  Turn off heat and fold mustard in with your eggs and veggies (this way you can enjoy a little of  the zesty flavorful mustard in every bite).  Lay your crescents out in the shape of a wreath, with narrowest corners of dough on the outside (see pictures) on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.  I used a pizza stone to help my dough get extra crispy. Lay your ham on top of crescent dough, then half of your cheese, and next all of your Saucy Mama eggs. Fold crescent dough corners over, making your wreath.  Then top with the remainder of your cheese, and bake in your preheated oven. Note it will take a little longer then suggested on crescent dough package for wreath to be done, mine took 20 minutes. You will remove it from the oven when all the cheese is melted and dough is golden brown, and crispy even on bottom. Top each serving with a little sour cream and fresh salsa, and enjoy.

Saute veggies in non stick butter flavored spray.

Next add your cholesterol and fat free egg product and scramble.

Fold your Saucy Mama mustard into the cooked egg product.
Tip: the Saucy Mama Southwestern eggs would make a delicious and quick breakfast on their own!

Lay out reduced fat crescent dough as pictured above on your parchment linked baking sheet, it doesn't have to be perfect.

Top with your fully cooked low fat deli sliced ham.

Add half of your shredded reduced calorie and fat cheese.

Now add your Saucy Mama Southwestern Eggs.

Fold corners of dough up over your filling.

Top with the remainder of your cheese and bake in oven.




It taste even better then it looks!

Please watch my short 1 1/2  minute long recipe video for this wreath below:



Now enjoy every savory healthy bite!
Thanks Saucy Mama for making this healthy meal so easy and tasty. 
If you would like to purchase some Saucy Mama Mustard head to Barhyte's online store.




Enter to win our Saucy Mama Giveaway Package Here


Please join us for our weekly Anything Goes linky here at Bacon Time every Friday -Monday.

To see where I party check out my LINKY LOVE page.

25 comments:

  1. And this might be dinner tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like IT!! Exciting Perform HUN! need to remark it!! love adore really like like!!! gm collins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a short while ago arrived across your weblog and have been reading along. I believed I might go away my first remark. I do not determine what to mention except that I've liked looking through. Good weblog. I will maintain browsing this weblog very often.clayton shagal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like what i found here, it had been very intriguing to view and take a look at every one of the great things on here, and would greatly advocate this website to another person also. Excellent Occupation...La Bella Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be somewhat exciting for me to study the submit. Thanx for it. I like these themes and every little thing connected to them. I'd personally prefer to go through somewhat additional quickly.Bar in Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very interesting, looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, those mustards sound great. SEcond of all, I've never heard of a breakfast wreath before, but now I think I need to make one. It looks soo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great idea with the wreath. I have never seen that before. I bet the yummy mustards just made everything better. Visiting from happy Hour Projects. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am lovin this recipe...Thanks for linking up@CountryMommaCooks have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM YUM YUM!!! Aren't crescent rolls amazing! I'm starving now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A delicious looking recipe and all the better as a reduced calorie one! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love breakfast treats! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks YUM!


    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" Linky Party here: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Thanks so much for partying with me at Drab to Fab on Friday! This week's party is up, so come on back with more of your fab ideas!

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-7-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I had to write this one down! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks so nice

    Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so yummy and what a great presentation! Thanks for sharing at my party! Can't wait to see what you link up next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, thank you so much for linking that up at the Recipe Roundup!
    I love anything that involves crescent rolls- so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooh, doesn't that sound tasty?! Thanks for linking up at Shine on Fridays, Mindie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm featuring this tomorrow at Drab to Fab! Thank you so much for linking this great recipe idea! Pinned it and can't wait to try it. The party is up and running again a little early, so please come back and party with me again!
    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-8-features.html

    Have a great weekend!

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday.
    Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow

    Natasha xxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.