My Shop!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Homemade "I DIG U" Valentines

We just finished making Joshua's Valentines for his class.  We made Vanilla Almond Bark covered spoons or should I say shovels, and sprinkled them with red sugar crystals. White chocolate would work just as well. We used return address labels to write our "I Dig U" Valentine wishes. 
  We tied the treat bags up with red pipe cleaner, then twisted and shaped the ends into a heart. I believe I saw a super cute plastic shovel Valentine while cruising around blog land, but I can't seem to find it now that I am looking for it to reference.  This was my frugal twist on the "I Dig U" Valentine.  With 35 kids in his class I couldn't afford to buy each one a toy shovel. I melted the Almond Bark according to package directions, in a pot,  over low heat on the stove.  After you cover the plastic spoon with melted bark, you will lay it on wax paper to cool. 
TIP :You will want to set a large wooden spoon down, or something to lay the handle of the plastic spoons on, to keep them elevated enough that all the bark doesn't drip off  the spoon while they cool.

I wish I could say this is Joshua's handwriting but unfortunately it is my chicken scratch.

I dig you all too!
Happy Almost Valentine's Day.

Please join us for our weekly Anything Goes linky every Fri-Monday here at Bacon Time.

To see where I party check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. wow..looks amazingly tasty..
    just found your space...awesome space you have..
    excellent posts with inviting presentation..
    Am your proud follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite

  2. Super Cute!! We did the glow sticks this year! So fun! Thanks for sharing!

  3. I am inviting you come and be part of my blog hop:

  4. So so cute! Found you via Ninth Street link party! Love this idea!!

  5. Those are so creative! I'll need to remember that idea for next year. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.