My Shop!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Addicted to Miniatures and What's Your Favorite Book?


Earrings Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Hi, my name is Mindie May Hilton, and I am addicted to making miniatures...


About a week ago I shared a miniature Dr. Seuss necklace book I made.  That miniature book I had purchased in an auction.  These pictured above, and more that are in my shop, I made by hand. I really never thought I could replicate books with such detail, but I have actually had some luck after some trial and error.  I must admit, I have always been fascinated with miniature doll house  items. I feel like a dork admitting it, but I know I am not alone, for I have seen the other bidders along side me seeking these miniature treasures, why else would they be called collectible, if many folks did not covet them too.  So I am hear to admit, I Mindie May Hilton am a miniature collecting dork. Not only am I a miniature collector but a miniature crafter and designer as well. I had an epiphany about a week ago.  My shop, TLC Creations could very well be an acronym for Tiny Little Creations! 

 I am seriously considering gearing my shop towards this very passion.  I will even be adding miniature tea cup and pot necklaces and rings in my shop soon too! In the mean time check out a few of the things this nut has created all by hand lately.


Necklace The Hunger Games Trilogy

Earrings or Necklace Wizard of Oz Miniature Books

Earrings or Necklace The Simpsons Miniature Comic Book

Earrings Crescent Rolls

Earrings Bagel Love

Earrings Ice Cream Cone Cuties

Earrings Ice Cream Cone Cuties

Whisk Me Away

Earrings Breaking Dawn Miniature Magazines

To make me sound even more like a nut, I made this collection of necklace, earrings, ring, and shoe clips just for Ellen Degeneres, because she makes me laugh.  Seriously they are for Ellen, I am hoping she will call me back. Ellen can you hear me....?

And this set is just for me, I don't think they need an explanation do you, mmmmmm...

 I personally have always loved jewelry that put a smile on my face, and leaned towards whimsical designs.  These are the items I tend to wear on a daily basis because they make me smile. 

What are your thoughts? If you think I am nuts, feel free to let me know if a comment below. If you have a favorite book, I may be up for the challenge. Let me know in a comment below what book or magazine you would like to see made mini.  I won't make you purchase them if I make them, I really am just looking for your thoughts.  Books that I am working on already and will be in shop soon enough are Twilight, Harry Potter, and I Love Lucy.  I love the idea of making your mom's favorite book for Mother's day mini.  What a sweet gift that would be.

19 comments:

  1. I am a closet miniature freak as well :) I LOVE anything 'shrunk' down and your little books and jewelry are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all so sweet and cute! Little girls would love them.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. My honest opinion...........Your mini books are your best invention yet! I think they are amazing! I love your Hunger Games necklace..so cute. I mean who doesn't have that childhood book that you hold close to your heart? It would be perfect made into a necklace. I think you nailed it with this Mindie. I can't wait to see all the mini's you continue to create. You go girl!
    ~Crafty Soccer Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindie! The mini books are adorable... and the people mag too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what it is, but take the most ordinary item and shrink it down, and for some reason, it just becomes so stinkin' cute! So, of course, I love your jewelry! I'm an English teacher, so I guess I should say I double-like your items because they are miniature and they are books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! I think we're twins. I LOOVE all the stuff you make, precisely because it's miniatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lovin' your creativity...I would love to get a picture pair with the "Hunger Games" featured...Let me know if you make any. I'm glad I found your blog at The Shady Porch party. I'm a new follower too, so I can keep in touch. I would love if you stopped by and followed back on LF and GFC. Nice to meet you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori thanks for following, I do have a Hunger Games trilogy necklace in my shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Mindiemay :)

      Delete
  8. just found you and tomorrow i am going throuh your whole site how fun are you thanks for being out there you are too cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I can see how this could easily become an obsession!!! :-D I especially love the miniature books! I could wear what I'm currently reading. 'The Everlasting Man' by G.K. Chesterton. lol These are SO COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "Great Pumpkin" earrings are too cute! I love Snoopy! Very creative! Great job!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! These are AWESOME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting idea of making mini books, comiks...lovely.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO adorable. I too suffer from a love of all things miniature :)

    amy @ whilewearingheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mini books are simply adorable, but you may want to watch out for those darn copyright laws. Even if a book is old, such as Peanuts, they are still under copyright.
    jilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given that some thought, I know there are tons of other folks making miniatures because I have bought them, and if ever asked to stop by an author I would. I just got tired of buying ones in auctions only to see them in person and be disappointed by how they look.

      Delete
  15. I love tiny mini stuff too! I love your hunger game series!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love mini stuff too!! I have a small obsession myself. Love your hunger games series necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this idea.. The cat and the hat earrings and the hunger games are so cute.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.