My Shop!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easy Duckling On A Lake Cake For Spring

I like easy decorating when it comes to cakes, and this one couldn't be easier.  It is a great cake for Spring but would be sweet for a little ones birthday cake too. 
 Here is all you need:

Store bought cake mix ( I used yellow)
Non Stick Butter Flavored Spray (for greasing pans)
Oil, Egg, and Water (per cake mix directions) Note: I like to use Cholesterol and Fat Free Egg Product
Two containers of store bought white frosting
Food coloring
Icing Tips by Wilton 352 and 16 
1 Chocolate Ducky (I found ours at the Dollar Store)


Preheat oven according to cake mix directions.  Bake 3 round cakes, preparing as directed on cake mix package.  Let cakes cool completely inverted on wire racks.  You will need to make about 3/4 of a container of  frosting green, about 1/2 a container blue, 1/4 of a container orange, the rest can be left white.  You will only have enough white frosting to put a thin layer of frosting in between the cake layers.  Then you will frost the side of your cake green.  Any remaining green frosting will be put into a piping bag to make leaves.  Then add your blue frosting to the top of your cake.  Place your duck on top. Then put your orange frosting in a piping bag to make flowers.  

Note the frosting on the face, someone was eating as mommy was trying to decorate.

So what are you crafting and cooking up for Spring?

Link Up Now To Win Some Great Prizes! 

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page!
If you have a party you would like me to join, link it up at my Linky Love page.


  1. Mmmm, this looks so good!

  2. Oh isn't that Cute... I make TERRIBLE cakes.. I think my Little Ducky would want to find another pond... One as CUTE as yours... :)

  3. I want to stick my face in the frosting. That's all.

  4. Love this cake! Would be a great baby shower cake as well! Pinning for later!

    Stopping by from the Tip Junkie link up!

  5. I love this cake! And I love that it's simple and you don't have to use fondant. I would love for you to link it up to my link party. I know my readers would love it too!

  6. Thanks for sharing at my Taste This Thursday! It looks very cute and yummy!

  7. This is an adorable cake, looks like a real hit with your son!

  8. This cake looks so delicious! We loved having you at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

  9. ahhh how sweet
    thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday.
    hope to see you there again tomorrow

    Natasha xx


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.