My Shop!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Frugal Basket

Here is another St. Patties item I made last year and never shared a tutorial for.  It is another frugal craft, like the wreath I shared recently. Using items from the Dollar Store, you can make this basket for about $3.
Here is what you need:

A green hanging basket from the Dollar Store
Sticky Foam letters from the Dollar Store
Funny St. Patties Headband from the Dollar Store
Old buttons (I used yellow, orange, and green)
Hot Glue


You know that silly headband I bought to decorate the wreath with, well we are using the other shamrock on it to decorate this basket.  Using your scissors cut the shamrock off of the silly headband, and then glue it to the basket. Then spell "Luck"  or whatever you prefer, using your sticky foam letter.  Glue on your buttons to complete this easy project. 

St. Patties Linky & Group Giveaway!
Don't forget to enter our Go Green group Etsy shop giveaway event for a chance to win  some fabulous prizes.   You can link up your St. Patties inspired posts for extra chances to win!  Don't wait the giveaway will be ending soon.

Please join us each Friday - Monday for our Anything Goes Linky here at Bacon Time.

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.


  1. Cute! You know me, I love Dollar Tree Crafts! That would be cute to hang on a front door too :)
    Crafty Soccer Mom

  2. Very cute! The Dollar Tree is our go to for crafts!

  3. Ack! I have one of those baskets just begging for me to re do it like that!

  4. Cute, Mindie! Thanks for sharing at last week's Shine on Fridays!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.