My Shop!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

What I Wore to Meet Our New Family Member!!!

Our family has grown!



We have a new member.



SHE comes from Belgium!



She is not related by blood, but that doesn't matter.



She is only 3 and already potty trained.



She even works a full time job!



Before you call child services on me for breaking labor laws...

Meet Officer Joker!

Joker is why my husband was gone out of town last week.
My husband is the newest K-9 officer in the Investigative Services Unit for the State of California!
He had some dog training courses to complete, and a few more to go.
But our sweet search dog Joker is home.
She is a Belgian Malinois. She is great with kids.  No worries she is not a trained bite dog, she is used mostly for sniffing out narcotics.  Not only is she well behaved, smart, cuddly and sweet, but she can find my cell phone if I ever miss place it!

 

So what did I wear to meet our new family member.  Of course I wanted to make a good first impression. I mean this is no ordinary dog, she is a trained officer of the law.  It's not every day you meet a dog with a badge, and I am super excited to welcome her into our family.  This beach cover up dress/skirt has been sitting in my closet since I ordered it from Victoria Secrets over a year ago.  I paired it with a full slip, since it is see through, a wide belt, and ruffled cardi.  A fun feather headband for a nice pop of color.  As you can see my hair has already after only 2 weeks lightened up quite a bit.  The color will definitely take some maintenance but I knew that it would. 

 

This was an outfit from earlier in the week.  Of course my husband was out of town so I had to try to do the quick self pic thing, that some folks have totally mastered, I have obviously not. I really tried to wear things this week that have been sitting in my closet unused, like this green skirt that had been handed down to me by a friend.  Well that's about all I have for what I wore pics this week.  Remember me and the boys were sick.  I thought it best to spare you from pics of me in a robe or sweatpants, no one wants to see that.

Welcome to your new home Joker!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new family member! She's adorable!

    Love your outfits too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, sweet Joker! She's a cutie and well as you in your adorable outfits :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, she is adorable, congrats! And you look awesome in your green skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks happy, sweet and so cuddly! Welcome Joker :)

    Your outfit looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post..
    busana muslim

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FUN!!!! I wanna meet your doggy! :)
    And I love your outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mindie~

    I knew exactly what kind of relative you were talking about! My husband is a K9 handler in the Air Force and we adopted his first dog when he was retired. He is deployed now with his new dog and I am stuck at home with a 13 year old know it all named Roy. LOL!! Mal's are great dogs, I will have to share a photo with you sometime.

    Christina

    Drop by & Visit {The Tattered Tag}

    ReplyDelete
  8. How NEAT about Joker. My son is a police officer.
    Adorable outfits. I really love the mint skirt and denim mixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your boots. I just never think I could figure out what to wear tall boots with. Cute doggie, too!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.