My Shop!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Different Ways to Use Crocheted Flowers & What I Wore


I recently purchased some flower garland from My Crochet Shop On Etsy.  Now I dabble in crochet, but I must admit shop owner Annemarie's work is incredible.  When I found she had some flower garland on sale, I had to snag it up.  Her regular prices are fantastic on their own, but who doesn't love a bargain. Annemarie also has several free flower patterns here.  As cute as the garland was, I knew I would be sliding the flowers off of the string to use in many other fun projects.  Here are a few of those projects I have used my new crocheted flowers in:


HEADBANDS
As you may know I am addicted to miniatures.  I had a miniature doll house basket filled with tiny bath products lying around. Don't we all have these things lying around LOL? Well I decided it would make a stunning avantgarde little girls headband accessory.  To make this sweet headband all I did was hot glue my elastic lace together.  Then I hot glued  a crocheted flower to the lace, along with the miniature vanity basket.  The items in the basket were already secured with glue.
I know what you are thinking, doesn't Mindie only have boys.  Yes, I do, and that is little Lucas modeling.  I bribed him with candy, I admit it, so I could take this pick.  

BRACELETS
In minutes, I also made these two lace flower bracelets.  Again I used my elastic lace, hot glue, crocheted flowers, and pearl beads.

With a little chain, jump loops, crocheted flowers, and clasps you can make these bracelets in minutes too!

Some stretchy jewelry rope and some pretty turquoise beads brought this crocheted flower bracelet together in minutes.


NECKLACES
Probably my favorite of all of these projects, is this sweet necklace I made using some antique bronze chain, an antique bronze bird pendant, jump loops, clasp, and one sweet crocheted flower.

You can also use crocheted flowers to easily make a bib style necklace.  Besides flowers, all you need is jump loops, chain, and a clasp.

There really are so many things you can use crocheted flowers for.  Of course I always like to use them for accessories or jewelry.  

Here are a few more ideas:

Use two small crocheted flowers to make dangling earrings.
Use small crocheted flowers to make shirt pins or bobby pins.
Use a small crocheted flower to make a ring.
Use a trio of crocheted flowers to accessorize a dull picture frame.
Make garland with lots of crocheted flowers strung together.
Glue matching crocheted flowers to shoe clips.
Glue a magnet to the back of a crocheted flower.
Stitch a few pretty crocheted flowers to a dull sweater to jazz it up.
Use larger crocheted flowers as coasters.

Well I could go on an on about the versatility of crocheted flowers. I hope you have found this post inspiring.  If you have some ideas you would like to share regarding crocheted flowers then please leave a comment on this post.

It has been such a busy week, but I did manage to get dressed up once and snag a what I wore pick.  Of course I had to wear my new crocheted flower necklace.


April showers bring May Flowers!

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.
Please join us each Friday at Bacon Time for our Anything Goes linky.

PS, don't forget to link up your Spring posts in our Spring Battle of the Cookers and Crafters contest!  One of the prizes is a gift certificate to Annemarie's Crochet Shop, so you could win your own flowers!



17 comments:

  1. That's so cool!! Thanks a lot for featuring my flowers. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day!
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crochet flowers, I see a lot of things that I want to check out from your list on the sidebar so I am following your blog
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to figure out how to creat crochet flowers...I really wanna! I heard you have to start with a "glory hole" and I can't get that down! Maybe cuz the damn name is so stinkin' funny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/seafood-crab-salad-show-your-stuff-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! I'd love for you to share it in our link party!
    http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-i-wore-sunday-week-10.html

    ~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins

    Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty and you are so creative with the ways you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for visiting my blog. I stopped by to saay hello, and join your blog. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! I've used crochet flowers on headbands & hats before but I hadn't thought of using them on jewelry. They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgoodness! All of these ideas are awesome, but I'm really, really loving the crocheted flower necklaces! Especially that last one!

    Thanks for linking it up!
    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your ideas...hadn't thought about jewelry! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love crochet flowers...those are so pretty! I like the way you created necklaces with them. Saw you over at Happy Hour's party.

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome.. I wish I could crochet that well. :) Thanks for linking up at friday fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love crochet flowers

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday link party. hope to see you there today!

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think my fav is the necklace. It takes me back to the hippy years of my teens!! Great job TFS

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.