My Shop!

Monday, April 30, 2012

PicMonkey Photo Editing and Free Mother's Day Gift Idea

Original pictures above taken by Katie Zumpano Photography.

Have you all had a chance to check out PicMonkey yet?  As someone who loved Picnik, I am even more excited with PicMonkey.  It seems quick and easy to use.  You can edit your pics just like you did on Picnik.  They even have new editing options that were not available on Picnik.  All of these options are FREE at the moment, but they will eventually have a membership fee for those that want to use their coolest features. Here are some examples of what you can do on PicMonkey:



Original picture my husband took of our boys.


Using PicMonkey I added what use to be called "matte" on Picnik but is now called "frost" on PicMonkey. It's what makes the outside edge of the picture look lighter. You can do this under "Effects" on PicMonkey. Then I touched up where there was some white lint on the black sheet they were posing on.  I did this under "Touch Up" and used "clone" to remove the lint spots. Then still under "Touch Up" I made their eyes stand out with some blue using "eye tint".

They have some editing tools under "Effects" that they didn't have on Picnik.  One effect that I really like is called "Warhol".  You can pic any two colors to set your picture to.  If you are tying to add family pics to a room with a color scheme this would be really fun to use.

Under "Textures" they have some fabulous tools that will lay images over your picture.  
You can even upload your own texture to use!  Just think, maybe you have a pic of your grandparents and an old love letter.  You could scan or take a picture of the love letter and overlay it onto your picture of them.  The possibilities of what you could create on PicMonkey are endless.

Free Mother's Day Gift Idea
Eventually adding your own texture on PicMonkey will be for those who have paid a membership fee but for right now it's still free. For a precious Mother's Day gift, have your kids write a letter to their Mom or Grandma. Then scan and upload the letters to your computer, or as I did,  take a picture of the letter, and upload it. Then add the letter as texture to one of their pics on PicMonkey.  You could email the image for free as a great Mother's day surprise or you could print it for a small fee. Here is an example of one I made below:

Yes I realize grandma is spelled wrong up above, I was attempting to make the letter look like an authentic kids letter.  I don't want to show the ones Joshua actually wrote in case Nanna or Grandma reads this.  So what do you think? Isn't that one of the sweetest gifts for Mother's day?  If you try this on PicMonkey I would love to hear about it in a comment below or you can share yours at our Anything Goes Friday linky party.

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.


15 comments:

  1. This is really cute. I love the letter to Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a new picture editer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the first photo the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome idea! I love Picmonkey (and also loved Picnik, so I was super happy when Picmonkey came along) but I haven't played with all the tools yet. :) Might have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. PicMonkey has some great features. Your idea of overlaying a letter is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pictures are super cute great job come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starting to get comfortable with picmonkey. I love the cloning feature since most of my backgrounds are busier than I'd like. Thanks so much for sharing this great mother's day idea at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips. Love to manipulate pictures. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I love that last pic. Precious!

    Thanks for sharing it!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Picmonkey can do amazing things to your photos! We love using it! We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been discovering all these neat things in picmonkey, didn't know you could do this... I must give it a try!
    Thanks for sharing at our Sunday Round Up.
    xoxo
    Heather
    www.HeatherlyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mindie those boys are ADORABLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your collection was unique. Can you suggest me some more ideas about Send gifts to Pakistan to mothers?

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.