My Shop!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Children Left Unsupervised Funny Vintage Cookie Sheet Sign Tutorial and Printables

There are a lot of great vintage inspired signs with similar warnings out there to purchase.  I decided I would save a little money and make my own.  The image above actually came from my jewelry shop. It was a ring I made (sorry it is sold out).  I edited my original image on PicMonkey to give it more of a poster look. I will be hanging my new sign in my craft booth this Summer. I recycled an old vintage rusty cookie sheet, one that was no longer suitable for baking on, to complete this project.  For your enjoyment, I made several different versions of this poster for you to choose from.  

Here is what you need:

1  8x10 print 
( I ordered my 8x10 matte print from Walmart for $2.50)
1 Old Cookie Sheet or Dollar Tree Cookie Sheet
White Spray Paint (or whatever color you prefer)
Glue Stick
Mod Podge Acrylic Sealer Spray
1 Piece of Floral Wire 
Metal Hole Punch


Order your 8x10 print. Using a professional photo lab print will reduced chances of ink runs. I ended up trimming the pink border off of my print, I decided I liked it best that way. After you punch your holes in the cookie sheet for hanging, add your wire to hang. I made loops on both ends of the wire to keep it from slipping out of the hole.  I used my needle nose pliers to do so, however you could use a pencil to shape it into a small loop. Next paint it white, or whatever color you prefer. I painted the wire as well. Glue your print onto your dry cookie sheet using a glue stick. Then seal your print with your sealing spray.  

 Below I have a  several images you can choose from that are my original work.  You can use them for free, just right click and save.  Feel free to pin on Pinterest or share on Facebook this post if you like my signs.

Here is my original photograph of the ring I made.  If you want to play around on PicMonkey, you can edit this one however you please.  

Please join us each Friday to Monday for our Anything Goes linky!

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.


  1. Love your sign! Don't you just love PicMonkey?

  2. Love this! The quote is hysterical, but I love the idea of putting it on a cookie sheet and making it a piece of art. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

  3. I love the sign! And putting it on the cookie sheet is so cute!

  4. Cute! I've seen this saying in shops before and it always makes me laugh!

  5. I love this sign! First saw it in an urgent care office -- made me laugh so hard I almost forgot the pain! Will be using one of your printables -- thanks so much!

  6. I love this one! I'd actually be ok with the espresso and the chocolate...just not the animals! lol


  7. I love it on the cookie sheet Mindie! Perfect! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

  8. Mindie, I love it! I so want to do this for real sometimes! Thanks for sharing :)

  9. This is so fun! We've been tempted to do this many times! Haha! We appreciate you linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We love seeing all of the great recipes and fun ideas! Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

  10. What a fun, creative sign! Thanks for sharing!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.