My Shop!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Easy Reduced Fat Pineapple Funfetti Cake

My toddler had been begging me for a while to make a cake.  I finally caved, and made this Reduced Fat Pineapple Funfetti Cake.  I decided if I was going to make a cake, I would at least try and sneak some fruit into it.  I also kept it reduced fat by using applesauce instead of oil, and by using cholesterol fat free egg product.  I also skipped the heavy frosting and made a glaze with pineapple juice and a little powdered sugar.  With a little rainbow sprinkles on top, my kids didn't seem to miss the frosting.  

Cake Ingredients:

1 Box of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
1 cup of Pineapple Juice No Sugar Added
1/3 cup of Apple Sauce No Sugar Added 
3/4 cup of Cholesterol Free Egg Product
1 Snack Cup Bowl (113 grams) Pineapple Tidbits, drained


1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
2 tbs of Pineapple Juice


Rainbow Sprinkles 


Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Using an electric mixer, combine all of the ingredients listed above under "cake ingredients". Mix for 30 seconds on low, then 2 minutes on medium high (or per cake mix directions on box). Pour into your greased bundt pan. I used a butter flavored non stick spray to prepare my pan. Bake per cake mix directions on box, for me that was 37 to 41 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Invert cake onto a wire wrack to remove from pan, and let cool, or serve warm, good either way. Mix your ingredients for the glaze together and pour over cake, then top with sprinkles and serve.
Store leftovers in fridge, in an air tight container. 

So what have you been making? Please come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky.
To see where I party, check out my Linky Love page.


  1. This looks so yummy! Love the touch of color!

  2. The cake looks and sounds great. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

  3. I love pineapple! I will have try this out soon! :)

  4. This looks so tasty. Can't wait to try it!!

  5. Thanks so much for linking up with the Kids in the Kitchen post! yummy! pinning this one!

  6. Nice!! Love pineapple cake!! Thanks for the reminder! Please link up to Foodie Friday! Can't wait to see you!

  7. YUM!!! Definitely pinning this to my low fat recipe board!

  8. Oh man, this looks SOOOOO good! I am starving all of a sudden. I am definitely making this, thanks for sharing it!

  9. So simple and festive. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

  10. Mindie, This looks super easy and delish! I have started adding sprinkles to baked goods and it is so fun. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

  11. This cake looks good and really moist. I really like how you took traditional funfetti cake and made it a little bit healthier. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

  12. Thanks for linking up to Showcase Your Talent Thursday, you have been featured!

  13. Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xx

  14. Just copied your recipe and featured you on my blog.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.