My Shop!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Female High School Graduation Gift DIY K.I.T. Necklace

I made this vintage phone necklace recently.  I am calling it my K.I.T. necklace.  I think it would make the sweetest gift for a female high school graduate headed off to college. It would be a constant pretty reminder for her to keep in touch with family.  I will be auctioning this one off soon at Tophatter with an opening minimum bid of only $7.  Here is all you need to make one yourself.


Miniature Vintage Phone 
(Check craft stores, Ebay, and any place that sells doll house miniatures)
4 Large Jump Loops
Jewelry Chain
Necklace Clasp
Needle nose jewelry pliers
Flat nose jewelry pliers


You will simply attach a large jump loop around the top of your phone. Before closing the loop with your flat nose jewelry pliers, add another loop for stringing onto your necklace chain.   I made mine with a long fashionable antique bronze chain.  Once you have your phone strung to your chain, simply add your other two loops and clasp to finish.

There are several different styles of miniature phones to choose from. Tip, you could use a miniature vintage wall phone, and glue a bail on the backside.   I love the look of this vintage one, but you can find more contemporary ones too.  If you decide to make a K.I.T phone necklace, I would love to hear about it in a comment below.


  1. Hey there newest follower here. Happy to have found you. This really is a cute DIY and I have a grad in mind that might really love this.

  2. This is SO cute! And you're right perfect for high school graduation!

  3. So. I'm not graduating...but I want. :)

  4. I love vintage too, Mindie May! This is darling. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

  5. Cool... New follower from Happy Hour. Congrats on the weight loss! I would love for you to follow back and if you have any product reviews link them up in Favorite Product Fridays...

  6. Very cute! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.


  7. It's a Grad gift that remind him/her to keep in touch with family...and to mark his/her milestone.
    gift pakistan

    Hank Hendricks has been a student at the University of New Hampshire- Whittmore School of Business and Economics.
    At the university he was a very active participant in the student researcher group.

  8. This necklace is interesting piece of art and also a super idea for gifts.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.