My Shop!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Reduced Fat Chili Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza

My boys love pizza, so I am always trying to come up with fun new ways to enjoy it.  I combined two loves with this one, pizza and chili dogs.  No it's not the lightest meal ever, but I did try to watch the fat content by using reduced fat cheese, turkey dogs, and 98% fat free turkey no bean chili.   I hope you will give this fun Reduced Fat Chili Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza a try. 


1 (15 ounce can) of Hormel Chili Turkey No Beans 98% Fat Free (or your favorite brand)
2 cups reduced fat shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
1 roll of Pillsbury pizza crust dough (13.8 ounces)
1 package of turkey franks/hot dogs
2 tablespoons of yellow ground corn meal
garnish with fresh green onions, chopped (optional)


Preheat oven according to pizza dough package directions. Since I was using a glass baking dish, I preheated my oven to 425 F degrees. Sprinkle the bottom of your baking dish with your ground corn meal. Then roll your dough out on top of corn meal. Next roll 6 hot dogs up in the edges of your dough.  Partially bake dough for 8 minutes in your preheated oven. After 8 minutes, remove from oven, top with your chili, cheese, and remaining hot dogs, that have already been sliced. Return to oven and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes or until Dough is crispy and cheese is all melted. 

Step 1 sprinkle baking dish with corn meal.

Step 2 roll hot dogs up in edges of dough, then partially bake dough in preheated oven.


Step 3 top your partially baked dough with your chili, cheese, and sliced hot dogs. Return to oven and finish baking. 


Please join us each week for our Anything Goes Friday to Monday linky party.

To see where I party, check out my Linky Love page.


  1. You're so creative. I never would have thought of that.

  2. Wow. My boys would absolutely love this! Definitely something I'm going to have to try this summer.

  3. Looks so good! Never thought of Chilidog Pizza! Brilliant! TY!

  4. How cool is this?!? This will be showing up on one of our Friday night pizza nights!

  5. OMGosh! How cool is that! This is on the "must-make" list. My kids would LOVE it!


  6. Yum! This looks so good and I love that you stuffed the crust with hotdogs! So creative! Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday round up!
    Kayla :)

  7. This looks like too much fun and perfect for feeding teenagers. Thanks for sharing this on foodie friday. I will pin it too.

  8. This looks really good! I have never had pizza and a hot dog together, I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

  9. Going to have to give this recipe a try. We love pizza and hot dogs, just never had them together!! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We love seeing all of the great recipes and fun ideas! Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

  11. Mindie, This looks Amazing! I can't wait to try it. We LOVE chili dogs around here. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)

  12. Ok~ So I can't stop featuring you!! lol! Featuring your Pizza tomorrow~

  13. This looks so creative! I going to try this one! New follower!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.