My Shop!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tophatter Online Auctions and My Alice In Wonderland Necklace


Tophatter did not sponsor this post, it's simply one of those sites that I love so much, I can't wait to share. 
Tophatter is an online auction site where you can buy and sell jewelry, art, housewares, clothing, accessories, handmade items, cosmetics, crafting supplies, vintage items, and more.

 The thing I love most about the site is how quickly the auctions take place. Last week I purchased two crafting supply items in a matter of minutes, I didn't have to wait six days for the auction to end, like on Ebay.  The sellers both shipped my items the very next day! 

Guess what, I have scheduled my first item to be auctioned off at Tophatter!  So if yo would like to bid or just watch the auction you can.  My one of a kind handmade Alice in Wonderland necklace will be auctioned off on Wednesday, May 16th at 9 PM PT in the Night Owl Bazaar Auction.  You can head to that link, click on my necklace, and ask Tophatter to text you when my necklace is about to be auctioned. 

Here is some more information about the Alice In Wonderland necklace I made:

I have hand cut a collectible Alice In Wonderland playing card, illustrated by Sir John Tenniel (1820-1914). He is one of the most famous illustrators in English Literature. I have a nice collection of vintage playing cards that I have been using in my jewelry making.  Yes I often cringe when I cut the cards because they are beautiful and collectible, however I think they will be appreciated so much more when preserved in a necklace like this. To preserve the card, I have sealed it in a hard diamond resin.  It is water resistant but not waterproof.   The pendant is on an antique bronze chain approximately 17 inches long with an adjustable clasp.

If you are interested in selling on Tophatter, you will be happy to know that there is no listing fee.  You only pay if you sell an item.  The fee is 10% of the selling price.  When you list an item you will select a starting minimum bid and shipping price.

Tophatter works by invitation.  I have 8 invites left for friends, and I thought I would send those invites to the first 8 people that ask for one in a comment below.  Simply leave me your email and I will send you an invite.  If you already use Tophatter, I would love to hear what you think about it in a comment below.


15 comments:

  1. Hi Mindie, your necklace is so pretty!!! I had never heard of Tophatter before! I was not able to access your email address for some reason? but I would love one of the 8 invites. I should be ready shortly for needing a venue like this. Is there a time limit once you have an invite? I don't mean I need the next six months or anything. Thanks so much for the offer. Very thoughtful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you one Sue and I don't think there is any time limit. You should be able to sit in on auctions once you are a member. Nothing says you have to shop or sell right away, as far as I know.

      Delete
  2. I am going to watch your auction...I am a little confused so I need to see how it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id love an invitation! groovygrammyokc@aol.com. I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My google email is ggokc39@gmail. Com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an invite now to this email! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Quirky Vistas and leaving me a comment. So sweet, and this is pretty cool about the auction. Great idea!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Could I please have an invite? charlenedburns@windstream.net Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you an invite now Charlene! :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry, but haven't received yet! But thanks anyway, maybe you can try again. charlenedburns@windstream.net

      Have a nice evening!

      Delete
    3. I did send it to that email address, I don't know if there is a delay with the invites since they are coming from Tophatter. I just left a message on their help line asking someone to check on the status of your invite. Hope you get it soon.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh this necklace is gorgeous! I hope you are doing well my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The necklace is awesome! I can't wait to see the Alice in Wonderland one!!!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.