My Shop!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Easy Family Style Cheese Steak

Summer is all about having extra free time to play.  This huge sub sandwich is super easy to make, and even easier to enjoy with the entire family.  I was able to purchase all of the ingredients for this meal at Walmart.

Serves 4 to 6 people


1 yellow onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 packet of McCormick Au Jus Gravy Mix
3 cups of  cold water
French bread
8 slices of Swiss cheese
1 package (7 ounces) of  fully cooked Beef Fajita strips 


In a large skillet, add your sliced onion, bell pepper, Au Jus Gravy mix, and cold water. Stir, bring to a boil,  then cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender to your liking.  Toss in your fully cooked fajita beef strips, and stir to coat,  then turn off heat. Slice your large loaf of fresh French bread in half. Place loaf on a large cookie sheet.  Top bottom loaf with your beef and veggies (not gravy), using a slotted spoon.  Serve the Au Jus gravy on the side. Top your meat and veggies with Swiss cheese, and top loaf of bread.  Then place under broiler for 1 to 3 minutes, until bread is toasty on top, and cheese is melted. Slice and enjoy with your Au Jus for dipping. 

So what have you been eating?  Please share at our weekly Anything Goes Friday to Monday linky.

To see where I party, check out my Linky Love page.


  1. Yum! Your sandwiches look delicious! My boys love a good cheesesteak. Thanks for sharing.

  2. YUM, french dip sandwiches are my FAVORITE! This looks SO SO good!

  3. Those look so good! I'm coming to your house for dinner!

  4. you could make them more of a roast beef sandwich by substituting deli roast beef for the meat strips and having a horseradish sauce or grated horeseradish on the side

  5. YUMMMM!! That looks fab...I want one right now :)
    Crafty Soccer Mom

  6. My husband would love this! I'm sharing this on my facebook page. It looks so tastey. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

  7. That looks good! It reminds me of eating cheesesteaks in college, yum!

  8. these look amazing. I am always in the mood for a cheese steak

  9. Now I'm starving! That looks and sounds sooo good. Gotta make a cheese steak soon!!!

  10. I am going to make these tomorrow for supper...had to come back and find the recipe tonight :) Pinning so I don't forget the recipe!


  11. Oh my goodness that looks really good......Thanks for linkin' it up @ CountryMommaCooks : )

  12. Mindie, this looks sooo good, I want one right now please :) Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday last week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great weekend.

  13. Your beef Fajita strips sound much better than... should I admit it... Steak-Umms that I usually make these with.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe on foodie friday.

  14. Yummy this looks so good I will need to try them soon.

    Love your blog

    Check out my food blog if you havent already

  15. I just wanted to let you know that this is being featured at Whatcha' Whipped Up! Hope to see you there again this week.
    Dawn DJ's Sugar Shack

  16. This looks so good, I love how easy this is to make! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.