My Shop!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easy Vino Velvet Cupcakes

I decided I wanted to create a mature and unique cupcake.  This recipe is extremely delicious yet easy to prepare.  A perfect dessert for your next girls night in.  My home smelled intoxicating after I was done preparing these.  The smell of the Red Velvet Cake prepared with Cupcake Vineyards Red Velvet Wine, and cherries,  is unbelievably aromatic. Topped with more cherries and cream cheese frosting, you won't regret one bite. Of course this is not diet food, but I did try to eliminate a few calories and fat by using cholesterol and fat free egg product, and sugar free cherry pie filling.

Here is all you need. 


1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
3/4 cup of Cholesterol and Fat Free Egg Product or 3 Large Eggs
1 1/4 cups of Cupcake Red Velvet Wine
1/3 cup of Canola Oil
Cherry Pie Filling, I used No Sugar Added
1 to 2 Containers of Cream Cheese Frosting ( I used about 1 1/4 containers)


Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.  Prepare cake mix as directed to on box, except substitute wine for water.  Pour into your prepared baking dish.  I made 1 dozen jumbo cupcakes. After I poured my batter into the jumbo muffin pans, I dropped two cherries into the center of each one, then used a spoon to cover the cherries with   batter.  Bake as directed to on box of cake mix.  My dozen jumbo cupcakes took 22 minutes to bake. When they are done baking, remove from pan, and let cool on a wire wrack. When they are completely cool, top with a thin layer of cream cheese frosting.  Using a piping bag, pipe a circle of frosting on top, creating a bowl to put more cherries in.  Store left overs in fridge. 

Put two cherries into the center of each cupcake batter.

Using a spoon, cover the cherries with batter. 

Top your cool baked cupcake with a thin layer of frosting.

Using your piping bag, make a bowl with your frosting.  You will add more cherry pie filling to the center. 

Enjoy with coffee, tea, or maybe a glass of Cupcake Vineyards Red Velvet wine ;)

So that's what I have been creating, baking, and eating, what have you been up to? Please share at our Anything Goes linky every Friday to Monday. 

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.


  1. It may be easy, but it looks super delicious and tempting!

  2. Oh my! This looks yummy!

    Mrs. Delightful

  3. yum!!! those look delicious!!

  4. Looks delicious! I have a friend who adds wine to the frosting too.

  5. I just had my first bottle of wine from Cupcake Vineyards. Seriously, how cute is their label and their corks? Oh, yes, back to the actual cupcakes, they look delicious. AND, I love that you have ingredients I would have in my pantry...not all that fancy organic stuff :)

  6. this is great. I found it via the It's Keeper link up. I have linked in a beef dish. Have a super day.

  7. Mindie! These look insane! We really are baking twins. I love that we both thought to use the Cupcake brand too. Can't wait to link up later!

  8. The planets have aligned!! Two of my favorite things brought together at last...Wine and Red Velvet Cake! Talk about "Having your cake/wine and eating it too!"

  9. This looks so yummy! I love your blog! Im a new follower! :)

  10. Wow, cherry pie filling fantastic..thanks for sharing this recipe on foodie friday.

  11. They have red velvet wine? WOW. Must try that! :)

  12. Wow, looks yum!
    Greetings from Australia♥

  13. Love cherries and this looks so good. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

  14. Those cupcakes look amazing! They would be perfect for a special occasion. Thanks for sharing these on my blog hop!

  15. These cupcakes look so moist and yummy! Red velvet cake and cherries are the perfect combo! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday! It was great having you and we hope you'll be back next week!! -The Sisters

  16. Mindi,
    These look delish! I love the addition of the cherry pie filling. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday Last week. I can't wati to see what you link up this week :) Have a wonderful 4th of July.

  17. The name of the vineyard and the wine are so cool. These cupcakes look fantastic!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.