My Shop!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Great Resource For Children's Recipes

If you have kids like me, then you probably know that it's not always easy to get them to eat balanced.  You really need to not only get creative, but include them in the food preparation, when at all possible.  Have your kids ever went into the kitchen, prepared something for themselves, that lets be honest makes you gag at the thought of eating it, and then see them devour it, saying it was terrific.  It just goes to show kids like to "play with their food" and be apart of the cooking process.  I recently discovered a wonderful online site, Whisked Foodie, that shares great childrens recipes.  For example, they share a recipe for these kid friendly Rainbow Fruit Pops, pictured above.  Made with 100% pure fresh fruit, and no added sugar, these pops are sure to please both parents and kids. 

If your kids are like mine, they love juice. I am constantly trying to get them to drink more water or milk.  I don't want them getting all that added sugar from store bought juices, that can be hard on their teeth. Why not start making juices at home, that not only have less sugar, but include veggies, for a more balanced diet.  I love this fun Carrot Spritzer kiddie cocktail found at Whisked Foodie.  It has fruit and veggies in it, yet it's totally kid friendly.  It has a little sparkling water in it,  which will make your kids feel like they are enjoy something special, like a soda pop.  All the fun of a guilty over the counter soft drink, without sacrificing on nutrition.

I think I might have found my new favorite breakfast, perfect for Summer.  My kids are going to love it too.  This Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Banana Smoothie not only has lots of fruit with strawberries and bananas, but added protein from peanut butter.  I was just reading in one of my girly magazines about peanut butter, they are calling it a great diet food, because a little can go a long way in satisfying your hunger.  I know as a hypoglycemic, I love when I can sneak in some added protein, which helps in keeping my sugar levels stable. Whisked Foodie has delivered a great kid friendly breakfast, dessert, or snack with this one. 

This might be one of the most creative ways I have seen to get kids to eat sweet potatoes.  This Raw Sweet Potato Coconut Spread at Whisked Foodie looks incredible.  It will be the perfect healthy snack for the kiddos over Summer vacation.

If you want to find these kid friendly recipes, and more, then please check out Whisked Foodies' Kids Recipe section on their fabulous site.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, written entirely by me, for Whisked Foodie through LinkVehicle. All opinions are 100% mine.


  1. When my kids help they really like what we make. If I make it alone they don't want it. :)

  2. I love making ice pops for my kids, so I have to try the rainbow pops! Thanks for sharing! Liz


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.