My Shop!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Perfectly Easy Pork Chop Dinner (Reduced Fat & Sodium)


I love making pork chops.  Thin cuts, don't take a long time to cook, and go well with a variety of side dishes. I love that I often find them on sale at the grocery store too.  This pork chop dinner was easy enough to prepare, making it great for any busy week night meal, but impressive and tasty enough for a special occasion, say Father's Day.  I like to prepare reduced fat and sodium meals.  Depending on your taste buds, you may want to add a little salt to this recipe.  Since I have been eating a low sodium diet for years now, the salt in the condensed soup used in this recipe, was enough for my taste buds.

Reduced Sodium and Fat
 Pork Chops with Onion, Mushroom, and Garlic Gravy

(Serves 4 people)

Ingredients:


4 Thin Cut Pork Chops Bone In
Ground Black Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
1 Cup of Water
1 Yellow Onion, sliced
5 Ounces of Mushrooms, sliced
1 Can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Condensed Soup Less Sodium
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup of low fat milk

Directions:

Season your pork chops with pepper, onion, and garlic powder (salt too if desired).  On stove top, in a large skillet, over high heat, sear your pork chops on both sides, cooking for a minute or so on each side. This will add flavor, and help to lock in juices. Remove partially cooked pork chops, and set aside.  We will finish cooking them later.  Now add your water (to deglaze pan) along with sliced onion and mushroom, and   saute veggies for about 5 minutes.  Then add your soup, sour cream, and milk, and stir.  Bring to a boil, then top with your partially cooked pork chops.  Cover with lid, and reduce heat to low.  Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until pork chops are completely done, and veggies are tender to your liking.   I served these pork chops with onion, mushroom, and garlic gravy, over green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. 

So that's what I have been eating.  What have you been making?  Please share at our Anything Goes linky every Friday to Monday.

To see where I party, check out my Linky Love page.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe! My family will love this. I bet they melt in your mouth. Thank you for sharing over at Hunk of Meat Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bone in Pork Chops are a favorite of mine. We had them a lot when I was growing up.
    Your recipe sounds great.
    Over from What's Cooking, Love.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindie,
    This sounds delicious! I love pork chops too :) Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday this week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my this looks satisfying... love the gravy. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks SO SO SO good AND we are on a strict low-fat, low-sodium lifestyle now after my husband's heart attack last summer so this will be on the menu this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.