My Shop!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Recycled Patriotic Pepsi Can Earrings

It would be true to say I am a little stressed about my up and coming craft fair on the 4th of July.  Although I gave up drinking diet soda a few months back, I have been having a few for crafting supplies.  You see I decided to make a few recycled patriotic Pepsi can earrings for my show.  Today I will show you how easy it is to make your own.  

I am going to share how to make the simple pair pictured above.  With a few more steps and materials, you could embellish them like I did. 


1 Empty Pepsi Can 
1 inch circular hole punch or a steady hand and scissors
small metal hole punch
Earring Findings
Needle Nose Jewelry Pliers


You will want to cut your can open very carefully with a sharp knife and a pair of scissors. Punch out or cut out two 1 inch circles from the Pepsi emblem. Punch a small hole at the edge of each circle.  Using your pliers attach your earring findings. 

I was afraid they would be too sharp to wear, so I tried a pair on, and stood in front of a fan, for quality control, to make sure they would not hurt to wear, and I had no problems.  Please be careful when cutting the can, as not to hurt yourself.  With so many different types of cans out there, I have made several different styles of recycled can earrings. I will try and share in another post later on. 

So that's what I have been making, what have you been doing?  Please share at out weekly Anything Goes Friday to Monday linky.

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.

For more examples of fabulous soda can earrings head to Crafty Soccer Mom's Soda Can Earring Post.


  1. I love them! They are really cool! I could think of a lot of cool cans (especially pink grapefruit lemonade, just difficult to get here in germany, but in pink with a flamingo on it!), to make earrings out of them!

    Did you tried to sand the edges?

    1. I don't think I have ever seen that can but now I am curious. I didn't feel they needed any sanding but I guess you could.

    2. I had to search a little but, btu now I remeber the brand again! It is called: Mexican style paloma leomande pink graipefruit ^^

  2. I made these a little over a year ago on my blog, they are really light weight and cool. I didn't sand my edges either. Unless I made a square shape, then I just used a regular nail file to round the edges. Super easy.

  3. These would be great to make n sell! We have tons of pretty cans here in Oregon and the cost is 5¢!Thanks for this share!

  4. These are just awesome! I love working with Aluminum cans but as you said they can be sharp especially when cutting.

  5. Aww man, I have all these supplies except a nice circle punch, lol. Definitely pinning this though =) Thanks for sharing.

  6. Thanks for linking this up to Talent Tuesday! I featured this on my blog! You are featured here:

    Happy 4th!

    Nichelle of Vintage Wanna Bee

  7. This link was shared on an ATC group. That's how I got here.

    My daughter would LOVE these! She's the pepsiholic of the family!

    I might have to try these for her.


  8. What a fun pair of earrings to wear on the 4th!

  9. I just wanted to let you know, you are being featured on my blog today! I am finally back and getting caught up on all the parties I missed. Come on over and grab a featured button :)

  10. I bought some soda can earrings from a local crafter the other week and love them. I bet you do well with this at your booth. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! I will be featuring these Sunday as part of the July 4th spectacular feature post. <3 Christina

  11. These are great, and so simple. Love it !

  12. That is such a unique idea! You can make earrings with almost anything! I hope you had a great weekend!

  13. Wow! Who woulda thought! Great idea!!!

    Have a great 4th of July!

    your newest follower...Danielle

  14. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. New follower


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.