My Shop!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Guest Post NY Melrose Family and Watermelon Blueberry Smoothie Recipe

Hi there!  My name is Jenny and I'm the teacher mommy behind The NY Melrose Family.  I share diy projects, recipes, organizational and party planning ideas.  I usually have a spunky assistant working with me.  She is my two and half year old daughter, Riley.  She keeps me on my toes with her non-stop talking.  I swear she hardly takes a second to breathe before she's on to another story.  She is my world.  I'm so excited to be sharing a healthy and refreshing smoothie here today.

The summer is usually warm, but so far this summer has been the hottest I can remember here in NY.  So we've tried to find ways to stay cool.  I recently made a Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie that was great, but I wanted a little bit something different this time around.  I used what I had on hand and a watermelon blueberry smoothie was born.
I recently took an interest in using watermelon to create Fruit Sparklers after I had such a success creating my Baseball Mitt Fruit Salad Bowl.  The blueberries were left over from our Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes.  One of my favorite things about smoothies is how easy they are to make.  You simply throw all the ingredients into the blender and you're done!
1/4 of a seedless watermelon, chopped into chunks
1 cup of blueberries
1 tablespoon french vanilla yogurt
2 cups of ice
2 oz. frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed

The recipe makes three large servings or six child size servings that are perfect after a run through the sprinkler.

The smoothie is also a great drink to bring to the park because as the ice melts you end up with more than you started out with.

Thanks so much for having me here today.  I'm pretty sure if you'd like to stop over for a visit, my bossy pants of a daughter will show you the way.
You can also find me on: FacebookTwitterGoogle+ and Pinterest.  We'd love to have you for our weekly link party, Whimsy Wednesdays or our monthly Bloglovin Blog Hop.


  1. Jenny- you know I just love ya and Everything you put together...but this is screaming summer and to get in my mouth STAT! :) Thank you for sharing this goodness!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.