My Shop!

Monday, August 20, 2012

"Rollsagna" Lasagna with a Twist Guest Post From French Press

This is SO first guest post. I'm Heather and you will usually find me at French Press.

Today, you find me here - obviously:) and I couldn't be happier.

Growing up I can remember my mother making something called a rollsagna.

Basically, it was a lasagna rolled into a loaf of bread and baked.

My daughter, who I lovingly refer to as the fussy one, happens to love lasagna and bread.
I enjoy lasagna as well, except, that my daughter will only eat it if I also make the pasta.
I've created a food monster.  At first it was cute, she loved my homemade food.  Now, it can be difficult. Forget about ever taking her out to eat.

In an effort to cut down on our dinner time drama, I wanted to make her something she would like.
Unfortunately,  it's seriously HOT here. Lasagna was NOT going to happen, but I did have all the ingredients home and ready.  I also had extra crescent rolls waiting to be used.

That's when I remembered my mother's rollsagna.

The rolls were so easy to make, delicious, and fussy one approved.  It doesn't get better than that.

For the Rollsagna:
1 lb Italian sausage or ground beef (browned ans seasoned)
1 zucchini thinly sliced
4 oz of shredded mozzarella
1 tube of crescent rolls
sauce of your choice

unroll your crescents
layer with zucchini strips


roll them in the crescent shape and bake according to the package
serve plain or topped with sauce

Much easier than lasagna and just as good.


1 comment:

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.