My Shop!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Scrabble Tile DIY Rings and Resin Tips


I had a blast making new holiday jewelry for my shop. These rings are on sale in my shop for only $2.84 here.  If you are feeling crafty, you can make some Scrabble jewelry too. I have worked with a few different resins, but have come to prefer Glossy Accents. It is made in the USA, is acid free, and non-toxic. I find it dries a lot faster then other similar finishes available. The more gel you use, the longer it will take to dry. It protects your image, and adds dimension to your sticker.



Materials:

Glossy Accents Clear Gel
Scrabble Tile
Small Holiday Sticker
Ring Blank
Jewelers Glue

Directions:

Apply your holiday sticker to the blank side of your Scrabble tile. Cover with your Glossy Accents gel. Use a needle to scrape any bubbles off of the gel top. Let dry, covered, free from dust, according to package directions, for 15 to 60 minutes.  I usually allow more time, to make sure I don't mess up the nice clear glossy finish. Once dry, glue your tile to your ring blank with jewelers glue. I prefer jewelers glue E-6000. Jewelers glue is toxic, so please follow package directions, and use it in a well ventilated area. It is best to let glue dry for 2 days prior to wearing ring.


4 comments:

  1. The scrabble jewelry rings are so adorable!!! They would be perfect as stocking stuffers.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome. I made a necklace once and it's actually pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was the looking for the same and related info, what you describe on your article. I found your site through google search. Its helps me a lots and i understood that you are one of skill article writer/ blogger. I wish to follow your way for my own blog http://shironam24.com/ , So I have book marked your blog and hope to visit again to learn more. Thanks for your valuable efforts and time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I taught her, it occurred to me that I should post it here on the blog as well.

    scrabble dictionary

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.