My Shop!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Easy Rainbow Chip Cake 1 Bowl 1 Pan 1 Measuring Cup 1 Spoon


I have seen lots of beautiful  rainbow cakes around blog land. The one thing I have noticed is they all seem to   dirty lots of dishes. With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, I thought it would be a great time to make one, but keep clean up simple. Being a full time working mom, I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. I did not want the typical rainbow cake clean up of 6 baking pans and 6 bowls. One bundt pan gave me the perfect arch for a lovely rainbow. I honestly only used 1 mixing bowl, 1 baking pan, 1 measuring cup, and 1 spoon  to prepare this easy cake.


Ingredients:

Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
3 Eggs or 3/4 a cup of Cholesterol and Fat Free Egg Product (like I used)
Canola Oil 
Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting
Food Coloring Red, Blue,Yellow, Green
Water

Directions:

 Preheat oven, prepare bundt pan, and prepare cake batter as directed to on box. 
Spoon 4 rounded spoonfuls of batter into your measuring cup. Add red food coloring, and stir. Pour red batter into the bottom of bundt pan, spreading flat with spoon to sides. Rinse off spoon and measuring cup, then repeat the process making your orange batter, using yellow and red food coloring. Repeat this similar process for yellow, green, and blue. Pouring batter into bundt pan in the order of a rainbow. Finish your rainbow with purple, you can mix the last color in your large mixing bowl, using red and blue food coloring to make purple.  Bake as directed to on box of cake mix. Once cake is cool frost with your Rainbow Chip Frosting. 

Since you will flip your bundt cake upside down after baking, your rainbow cake will be right side up. 


Well that's what I have been baking, what about you? Please come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky.


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I just love all of the colors.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.