My Shop!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

From Brads To Fab Affordable DIY Accessories

I was so excited to find brads at the craft store for half off! I decided to use my store bought fabric button brads to make some wonderful post earrings, clip on earrings, dangling earrings, and bobby pins. It only took minutes to transform these brads into something fabulous.  From trendy Chevron post earrings, to rainbow colors perfect for Saint Patrick's Day, these accessories are super fun. 

With a 50% off sale, these fabric button style brads at Joann's craft store were only $4 for two packages!

The first thing you will need to do is cut off your "brad" part. This is easy with a pair of wire cutters. Whatever little part of the brad you can't remove, simply push it into the hole using a pair of needle nose jewelry pliers. Then let your imagination be your guide. With a few other supplies, and a little jewelry glue, you could make earrings, bobby pins, rings, shoe clips, and more. Check out my examples below.

Just make sure the earring blank is big enough to hide the hole, and attach to the back of the fabric button brad.

E-6000 jewelry glue works great at forming a permanent bond, and it dries clear.

Don't forget those girls who don't have pierced ears. These clip on post earrings will look lovely on anyone.

A good pair of dangling earrings can be flattering to the jaw line.

Bob get your pin on!

I never thought I would wear brads as an accessory. I can't wait to see what other style fabric button brads I can find to transform into something special. I think these turned out so nice, I even added them to my Etsy shop.

So what have you been up to? Please share at our weekly Anything Goes linky.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.