My Shop!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Carrot Yarn Earring Tutorial


When I think of Spring and Easter, I can't help but think of carrots. As you probably already know, I love sharing clever jewelry tutorials with you. I think this tutorial takes the cake carrot, if I do say so myself.


Materials Used:

Orange Yarn
Green yarn
20 Gauge Beading Wire
Hot Glue
Hook Earring Findings

Directions:

Step 1, start with two even pieces of wire, approximately 1 1/2 inches in length. Step 2, Make a loop on the end of each piece of wire using your needle nose jewelry pliers. Step 3, hot glue two small pieces of green yarn to the top portion of wire. Step 4, using hot glue, wrap and cover your wire with orange yarn, getting wider as you go towards the top. You will cover your green yarn as you go, but leave the ends of the green yarn sticking out at the top. Note you can trim the green yarn ends to desired length when you are done. Hot glue the end piece of orange yarn down when you have your carrot the width you want it. Step 5, attach the loop at the top of your carrot to your earring finding, using your needle nose jewelry pliers. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for your second carrot earring.

Tip: If any of the hot glue dries white, simply dab it with an orange sharpie to make it unnoticeable. 

This pair is headed to my shop TLC Creations. They will look great packaged on a cute Easter playing card. 

If this earring tutorial inspired you, please share on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest. Well that's what I have been making, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky. 

5 comments:

  1. So cute, Mindie! I'm pinning em :)

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are so cute.
    Have a great day,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and fun! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute! you are so creative! I hope you visit my party every week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/03/link-party-every-tuesday.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.