My Shop!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Our Easy Take On Eat Your Vegetable Cupcakes

Our sweet little Lucas just turned 4, and we brought these fun Eat Your Vegetable Cupcakes to preschool. I have seen cupcakes that look like vegetables before, but wanted to try and make our own tiny ones, for little hands. Ours are super easy to make, Lucas was even able to help decorate. I found the candy for our cupcakes at The Dollar Store. 


(Makes 48 mini cupcakes)

1 Box of Cake Mix (we had a little batter left over)
1 Cup Water (per cake mix)
1/3 Cup of Canola Oil (per cake mix)
3 Eggs  (per cake mix)
3 Tubs of White or Vanilla  Frosting
Green Food Coloring 
Red and Yellow Food Coloring (To Make Orange)
5 Small Packages of Jelly Belly Peas and Carrots 
2 Packages Tucni Fruit Chews (You will only use the yellow)
Caramel Sauce


Make cupcakes per your cake mix directions. We used Pillsbury's Funfetti cake mix. Use your food coloring to make one tub of frosting green, and one tub orange. Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost 16 of them white, 16 green, and 16 orange. I used a piping bag to do this, since I think it is much quicker that way.  Then top your green cupcakes with the pea candy, and the orange with the carrot candy. Drizzle a little caramel topping on the white cupcakes, then place a yellow chew in the center for the butter. I cut two yellow chews in half, so that I would only need to use two packages total. 

To go with our vegetable theme, we brought one of Luke's favorite chips, Cheeto Puffs, in the shape of carrots to share. 

Well that's what I have been up to, what about you. Come share at our Anything Goes weekly linky. 


  1. These are so darned cute and creative. I bet the kiddos loved them!

  2. How adorable! I am pinning this to my Food Presentation board. Thanks for sharing at The Shady Porch Rock N Share! Blessings, D


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.