My Shop!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

DIY Mouse Earrings

Lots of people like to take Disneyland Vacations in the Summer. I am still dreaming of the day I can afford to take my boys to Disneyland. I can't afford a vacation, but I can feel the Disney magic with these DIY Mouse Earrings inspired by Mickey and Minnie Mouse. You can make a pair of male or female mouse earrings too, it's easy. 

Materials Used:

Jewelry Wire 
Jump Loops
Hook Earring Findings
Jewelry Pliers
Optional Small Applique Bows-For Girl Mouses Only
Optional Jewelry Glue-For Girl Mouses Only


You will need 2 five inch pieces of jewelry wire. More or less wire may be used to increase or decrease size of earrings. I used the thickest gauge wire available at Walmart. First make the circle for the face, folding the ends of the wire in and crossing each other. Then using jewelry pliers roll the ends of the wire in on each side, creating ears. For Micky style earrings simply attach your mouse face to your hook earring findings using jump loops. For Minnie earrings, use jewelry glue to attach small bows to your mouse ears.  I had to trim with scissors the bows I had on hand, to make them the appropriate size. Once dry, hang on hook earring findings with jump loops. 

I photographed my new earrings with a vintage playing card and vintage lunch box. That is my childhood  lunch box from 30 years ago in the background. 

Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.