My Shop!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY Sharpie Patina And Key Locket Necklace


Adding a patina or a green film, to bronze, copper, or similar metals can be a slow oxidation process. There are products out there already that can create a patina on your metals, however I have an even quicker and easier way to achieve a similar look. Most folks that like to craft, already have on hand Sharpie markers. All you need is Sharpies to create this imitation patina. 


Above are the Sharpies, including a silver metallic one, I used to create a quick imitation patina to my bronze key, lock, and jump loops.


Materials Used:

Jim Holtz Idea-Ology Locket Keys From Joann's (Set of Four on Sale for $5.99 Regularly $9.99)
Antique Bronze Jump Loops
Sharpies
Jewelry Pliers

Directions:

Using your sharpies, add an imitation patina to your metals. Using jewelry pliers attach your jump loops to key and lock, and string on necklace.  


I think it turned out so unique and pretty, I decided to add it to my Etsy shop TLC Creations
Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.