My Shop!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Easy Whole Wheat Banana Bread


My family in general eats a lot of bananas. However every so often, I will buy a bunch of bananas, and then they will sit on the counter, where no one will touch them. When that happens, I know it's time for me to quickly bake up some delicious bread. This recipe of mine is super easy. I throw all of my ingredients into my standing mixer, and that's about it. I don't mix wet and dry ingredients separately. If your bananas are really ripe like mine, you won't even have to mash them first. Healthier then most banana breads too, with no butter or white flower. This recipe has received a big thumbs up from my family and coworkers. I know your friends will love it too. 

Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Ingredients:

1 cup of brown sugar
8 tbs of canola oil
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tbs of milk or  as I used Honey Flavored Kefir Low Fat Cultured Milk
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
2 cups of all natural whole wheat flower
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda 
1 tsp of salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Mix all of your ingredients together, starting mixer out slow so you don't make a mess. Mix until well combined. Pour batter into a 9x5x3 inch pan, that you have already sprayed with a non stick butter flavored spray. Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Optional, serve with a little butter and honey. 


Well that's what I have been baking, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.