My Shop!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Homemade Natural Age Defying Raspberry Coconut Lip Gloss With UV Protection

I am participating in a local Christmas In July event, where I will be teaching folks how to make homemade natural lip glosses. So it's safe to say that homemade lip products have been on my mind a lot. I will be donating 15% of my sales to our local Senior Services center. Today I am going to share a great recipe of mine for all natural homemade lip gloss. The lip gloss has a great scent from the coconut, raspberry seed oil, and cocoa butter which smells like chocolate.  These lip glosses will be available for purchase at the Christmas in July event, however you may make your own with a little effort. The organic coconut oil in them is a good source for natural UV protection. The raspberry seed oil  has great anti-aging properties.  

Homemade Natural Age Defying Raspberry Coconut Lip Gloss With UV Protection
This Recipe Will Make 28 Lip Glosses

1 stick (1 oz) 100% Cocoa Butter
1 stick (1 oz) Organic Bees Wax
4 TBS Organic Coconut Oil
1 TBS Extra Vigin Olive Oil  (less for firmer lip gloss)
1/2 TBS Vitamin E Oil
1/2 TBS Raspberry Seed Oil


I make a double boiler by sitting a clean glass canning jar into a small pot of simmering water on the stove top. Place your cocoa butter and bees wax into the clean glass canning jar. As the jar heats up from the simmering water, it will gently melt your ingredients together. Once your cocoa butter and bees wax are almost entirely melted, stir in coconut oil. Stir until all are well combined. Turn off stove, and add remaining ingredients. While still in a liquid state, pour your lip gloss into your desired containers. I used a medicine syringe to neatly fill my lip gloss containers.  Cap lip gloss, and leave sitting up right until they are cool and firm. 

You didn't know I was a lip model did you, LOL.  I am only wearing the homemade lip gloss in all of the shots above. You can see how it adds great shine. These lip glosses will make great stocking stuffers!  For a great homemade lip balm recipe and tips on cleaning up your double boiler head  here

What about you, do you participate in any Christmas in July events?  Come share what you have been up to at our weekly Anything Goes Linky party. 


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.