My Shop!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Trash To Treasure Pumpkin Family Tutorial


I had some orange polka dot fabric taking up space in my craft hutch for a few years now. It was leftover from another craft project, and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Then as I was taking out the recyclables, I spotted 3 rectangular boxes, and the pumpkin bug hit me. I am glad the leftover fabric, boxes, and tree branches never made it into the trash, otherwise I wouldn't have this cute little pumpkin family decorating my home. They are country shabby chic, and perfectly sweet for Fall home decor. The best part, they only took about an hour to make all three! I will be leaving mine up until after Thanksgiving. 


Materials:

3 empty clean cardboard food boxes 
3 tree branch trimmings
Pumpkin Colored Fabric 
Green Floral Wire
3-6 Plastic Leaves
Hot Glue

Directions:

Using a knife, carefully slice a hole in the top center of your boxes, large enough for your tree branch trimmings to fit in. Put one branch inside of each box. Gather fabric up and around box. Use floral wire to secure fabric around box and branch, wrapping tightly around several times. Trim with scissors any excess fabric you don't want. Take another piece of floral wire, and wrap it around twig. Using a pen or pencil, roll it, on either side, making two curly cue pumpkin vines. Finish your pumpkins, by hot gluing a leaf or two on top. 

The curly cue pumpkin vines are my favorite touch. 


They look great on a side table in my families living room. 

Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely surprised by the data of this weblog and i am happy i experienced a search over the site. thank you so considerably for sharing this sort of great information.

    engagement rings Mo

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.