My Shop!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

DIY Christmas Tree Light Earrings

I have been a busy bee getting ready for a local Christmas craft fair. I made these earrings to sell at the event. Of course they turned out so cute, I will have to keep a  pair for myself. I have seen real Christmas tree light earrings on Etsy before, but I have not seen any made like mine. I used folding crimps to hang my real bulbs. 

Since they are not wire wrapped on top, like most bulb earrings, they look more streamlined. They actually remind me of crystals from farther away. I might wear mine year round. 


Mini Replacement Bulbs
Folding Crimps
Jewelry Glue E-6000
Earring Hook Findings


Trim the two wires off the top of bulbs. Open crimps, and mold and shape around bulbs. Glue bulbs to open folding crimps. Let dry, before hanging on earring findings, using needle nose pliers. Hang on free clip art if desired. 

As you can see, I took an open folding crimp, and glued it to the bulb. I had already trimmed off the two wires on top of the bulb with scissors. 

After the glue dried, I attached them to my earring findings. I then finished them by attaching them to a cute card.
I searched online for free Christmas tree light images, and found several different clip art  for lights. I ended up using the one pictured above thanks to Free Clip Art N Images Blogspot.

If you have enjoyed these earrings, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. 

Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.