My Shop!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Light Upgrade For A Dollar Store Mirror


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Elves on every shelf! 


About a year or two ago, I purchased a pink plastic rotating two sided Dollar Store magnifying mirror, to take to a craft show. It broke shortly after. The mirrors fell off of the plastic. I held onto the mirrors, knowing they might work for a craft. Today they were given  new life, as a Christmas Light Mirror. 



Materials:

17 Replacement Bulbs or Old Bulbs
Hot glue
Double Sided Dollar Store Rotating Magnifying Mirror 
Dollar Store Gold Christmas Ornaments, Optional



Directions:

Lay one of your mirrors, usable side down, onto a plate. Place bulbs around mirror on plate. Shape bulbs into a circle. When you like the placement of the bulbs around the mirror, hot glue them down. I used lots of hot glue to secure bulbs to mirror. All the glue will be hidden, when you glue your other mirror down. Once bulbs are secure to the back side of one mirror, put lots more glue around the edge of your other mirror, then center it, and place down over bulbs.  Decorate with any ornaments you wish. I used scissors to cut the loop off of my "Joy"ornament, and hot glued it to the mirror and bulbs. Then I added a few glitter snowflakes. 

It's reversible too! It now sits in my china hutch, with some other homemade decorations, like our North Pole Christmas cookie jar, and mini wine bottle snowman.  



Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I never would have thought of this. Great upcycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative!!! Love the little boy peeking in the mirror... :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Mindy! I saw it on facebook when Debbie Avila Newton pinned it. Love Deb. This is one upcycle I would have never thought about. I even love that you used all green bulbs. Thanks for the bit of inspiration. I'm off to pin it now.

    Happy New Year...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute.
    P.S. Stop by I have some low entry giveaways ending soon.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.