My Shop!

Monday, December 30, 2013

DIY Valentine's Day Card Locket Necklace


This necklace is new to my shop, and perfect for Valentine's Day. A miniature envelope locket holds a miniature Valentine's Day card. I designed the card on PicMonkey. The lovely envelope locket is available at Wholeport

Materials:

1 envelope locket
16 inches of chain (I used red for Valentine's Day)
Light Weight Card stock 
Clear Packing Tape
Jump Loops
Clasp
1 "made with love" heart lock and key charm (optional)



Directions:

Make a Valentine card. You may personalize it as much as you like. You can make one by hand or design it on PicMonkey, like I did. My card reads "I am leaving my heart with you". There are thousands of free printable Valentine's day cards on the web too. The important thing to remember is you will need to shrink the card down, to fit in your envelope locket, approximately 18x12mm. I chose to use packaging tape to laminate the outside only of my card. This way the front of card will be protected, but the inside may still be signed and dated, to further personalize it. 
Use your jewelry pliers and jump loops to connect your envelope, chain, and clasp. I also attached a "made with love" heart and key lock charm near the clasp. 

Not feeling very crafty, head to my shop TLC Creations, to purchase this necklace instead. My shop recently got a face lift, I would love for you to check it out. 


Well that's what I have been up to, what about  you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the mini card is too cute! I've thought about making a folded metal envelope necklace, but I hadn't thought to insert a tiny card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a miniature addiction, which is clear from my shop. :)

      Delete
  2. My goodness! this is sooo adorable! Those little cutey Valentines day card is so glorious, thank you so much for sharing inspiration. I so love it. I can't help but to feel curious as to how you will write Valentines day messages on it... Hmmm this is such a nice idea.

    Hugs and cheers xxxx
    Marilyn
    http://easyday.snydle.com/valentines-day-wishes-and-messages.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could use a fine ball point pen to write on it. Which reminds me of my tiny cliff notes we were aloud on some college exams. One sheet that's all you get so make it count. lol. I would have entire chapters written it seemed. Of course it would be easier I think to make your own card so you can personalize it, then shrink when printing. I have a miniature obsession, so if I need a magnifying glass to read a love letter, that would be interesting. Yes I am a nerd. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
    uniquedesignsjewelry

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.