My Shop!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Mason Jar Pumpkin Freezer Fudge Done 3 Ways


I visited family in Orange County for Thanksgiving. I wanted to bring a desert with me that would keep for a while, and be a good hostess gift. I was afraid a typical fudge recipe would dry out too quickly. I came up with the idea to store and serve my fudge in cute half pint sized mason jars. The jars make a pretty presentation, and keep the fudge from drying out. I came up with one recipe, and substituted out different morsels to change the flavor. This fudge should be kept cold.  At fridge temperature, it will be thick but still spreadable. It would be great served with bagels, ice cream, or fresh fruit to dip into it. In the freezer you will need a solid spoon to dish it up, it will be firm but not rock hard, like some other freezer fudges. 


Butterscotch Pumpkin Fudge
1 large 23 oz bag or 2 small 11 oz bags of butterscotch morsels
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice


White Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge
1 large 23 oz bag or 2 small 11 oz bags of white chocolate morsels
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice

Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge
1 large 23 oz bag or 2 small 11 oz bags of milk chocolate morsels 
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice


Directions:

As you can see, the only ingredient for each fudge that varies is the morsels. Melt your morsels per package directions. I used the microwave to melt mine.  I used the same bowl each time, I just made sure to make the white chocolate first, then butterscotch, then milk chocolate, remember light to dark.  Once your morsels are melted, combine them with your other ingredients using an electric mixer. Once well combined, pour fudge into your mason jars, and store in freezer or fridge. 

Well that's what I have been up to, what about you? Come share at our weekly Anything Goes linky party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.